Chapter 51

Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades

Unknown to Death,

Nor known to Life.

Have withstood pain to create many weapons

Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

As Shirou completed the final invocation of Unlimited Blade Works, his 27 magic circuits cried out in pain as they were drained of all their magical energy.

"Crack, crack, crack..."

The epic struggle for dominance in the world of the Heavens and Earth was suddenly disrupted as an otherworldly force descended upon the scene, manifesting itself in the form of a colossal gear that materialized behind Shirou, looming ominously behind him, hinting at the immense power it held.

Waver, who was struggling to maintain the magical energy for Iskandar's activity, was left speechless as he stared at the scene before him.

"It... it's also a Reality Marble!?" he exclaimed in shock.

A Reality Marble or Innate Bounded Field is the materialization and projection of one's inner world onto reality. When activated, a Reality Marble drastically alters the surrounding space, transforming it into a completely different landscape.

Reality Marbles are created worlds that are completely cut off from normal reality. They project the internal landscape of the user and seal off the regular world. According to the World Egg theory, the actualization of a Reality Marble is achieved by switching the position of the Self and the World while keeping the boundary the same. This causes the size of the Self to expand, enclosing the World in a small container.

Throughout history, there have been very few magi with Reality Marble, but now not only does his Rider possess a Reality Marble, but that Caster also has one!

The appearance of two Reality Marbles at once is an incredibly rare occurrence, akin to a mythological story. And now, Waver found himself witnessing these two powerful Reality Marble about to face off in front of him!

"You want to use your Noble Phantasm to fight against mine? Very well! I approve!" Iskandar bellowed with laughter.

"Crack, crack, crack..."

The massive gear hung suspended in the sky behind Shirou, its gears turning relentlessly, and in the blink of an eye, the world behind him was transformed.

A crimson desert stretched out as far as the eye could see, littered with countless swords, while the horizon flickered with the dancing flames of an inferno. The dark, ominous sky was dominated by giant gears spinning in a never-ending cycle, resembling a world of smelting factories.

In an instant, the reality was split in two.

But --

Shirou's forehead was slick with cold sweat as he activated the Reality Marble, Unlimited Blade Works. He could feel the "Ionioi Hetairoi" constantly eroding his mental landscape.

Once the erosion was complete, Shirou feared that his Unlimited Blade Works would be completely consumed by Ionioi Hetairoi!

"Spartacus, protect me and I will protect you in return. Together, we are invincible!" Shirou bellowed, his mind focused and at his command, the swords that lay scattered across the crimson desert behind him rose up, soaring through the air like arrows from the heavens, hurtling toward the soldiers surrounding Spartacus.

The soldiers, caught off guard by the sudden attack, could do little to defend themselves as the swords rained down upon them, slicing through armor and flesh with ease. Some tried to raise their shields in an attempt to block the onslaught, but it was to no avail as the swords cut through them as if they were made of paper.