Chapter 31

Having fused with the Saint Graph, Shirou knew that he couldn't avoid it anymore.

Gilgamesh was opening the Gate of Babylon and had set his sights on him. If he didn't come out, another round of attacks was likely to begin.

But -

What was the point?

As a mere mortal, Shirou had forced himself to participate in this war of life and death, specifically requesting Scathach to teach him how to fight to the death. Yet, at this critical moment, without hesitation, Gilgamesh exposed him and even temporarily gave up the clash with Iskandar and Artoria.

What did he hope to achieve?

Did he have a logical reason behind his actions?

Shirou pondered for a long time, but couldn't come up with any logical explanation for Gilgamesh's behavior at that moment. If he had to explain it, the only explanation is that this guy's way of thinking is fundamentally different from that of normal people - this was a damning explanation.

And now, Shirou had to show himself.

Wearing the leather suit of Ultraman, and wrapped in the heavy black cloak, even in the midst of deep autumn, he would feel hot and sweaty. But at this moment, Shirou felt as if the weather was freezing cold.

Cold enough that his bones were shaking.

"Come out." Iskander hugged his chest and looked at the smoke revealing Shirou's silhouette with interest.

Getting closer,

Getting closer.

Suddenly -

Ignoring Waver's shouts, Iskandar's expression froze and his eyebrows raised as he directly grabbed Waver and pulled him behind him, even Diarmuid instinctively tightened his grip on his two spears.

Artoria stepped forward, flashing to Irisviel's front, facing Shirou. She had a firm grip on the invisible holy sword in her hand. Even Gilgamesh unconsciously wrinkled his brows, but then his eyebrows relaxed, and a pleased smile appeared on his lips.

"What's wrong, Saber?" Irisviel asked.

"That guy is strange and dangerous," Artoria replied with a serious expression. "Irisviel, stay behind me and don't come out. I'll protect you."

Shirou walked out of the fog, looking at the Servants who aimed their weapons at him. A bitter smile appeared on his face under the leather suit.

What -

What should he do?

...

Kirei Kotomine, dressed in his black robe was shrouded in the silence of the night. He sat in the darkness of the Fuyuki Church basement. His eyes were closed, but he was not resting. Instead, he was intently listening to something,

At a glance, one might assume Kirei was deep in meditation, yet in reality, he was listening to the low murmurs of the sea breeze. In front of him was a scene, a battle raged on, with sparks flying.

Kirei's closed eyes were not focused on the present, but rather on a distant battle taking place near a warehouse dock in Fuyuki City. He was privy to this information due to his Servant Assassin, who was currently hiding nearby, relaying the same details to him.

Kirei was using a magecraft which he had learned from Tokiomi. This allowed him to share his senses with his Servant, making it an invaluable tool for remote surveillance during the Holy Grail War. With his Servant, Assassin, excelling in reconnaissance, this magecraft was a great asset to him.