Chapter 20

Wearing an Ultraman leather suit, Shirou pulled Sakura's hand and rushed towards the direction of Fuyuki City.

This was the Fuyuki Bridge connecting Fuyuki City to Miyama.

The pedestrians on the road couldn't help but turn their heads and look at Shirou's Ultraman outfit with curiosity.

At this time, the otaku culture had not yet emerged, and cosplay was still a new thing.

Shirou ignored these gazes and, after successive battles, his six-year-old body was unable to bear the burden, leaving him mentally exhausted and without the energy to care about the gaze of the crowd.

At this time, Sakura stopped walking.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" Shirou turned to look at her.

Sakura squatted down, her hands covering her pretty face, tears flowing down her palms. "What should I do, what should I do?"

She must be afraid and also very painful, right?

Shirou couldn't sit idly by and do nothing. A five-year-old girl should be enjoying her childhood, receiving her parents' love, but instead she was ultimately abandoned by her parents and indirectly pushed into that hellish nest.

She must be very afraid.

Shirou paused and hugged her, speaking softly and soothingly, "Don't be afraid, I'm here. Brother is here."

Sakura also hugged him back, hot tears rolling down her face and onto Shirou's shoulder. "What should I do? What should I do, brother? Daddy, Mommy, they don't want me anymore. No one wants me anymore."

"No one will not want you. After all, Sakura is so cute and well-behaved. And even if everyone else doesn't want Sakura, brother will always, always protect Sakura." Shirou spoke softly.

"Really?" Sakura stopped crying and looked at Shirou with teary eyes.

"Let's make a promise." Shirou held out his right little finger.

"Mm."

Sakura hooked her left pinkie onto it.

"We'll hang by a hook for a hundred years, and if we break this promise, we'll have to swallow a thousand needles."

As they spoke, they pressed their two big thumbs together.

The promise was established.

Seeing that Sakura was no longer crying and looked somewhat relieved, Shirou stood up and smiled, "Let's go home."

"But do I still have a home?"

"Of course you do. Aunt Chiyo and Uncle Narita are all waiting for you."

"Won't they hate me?"

"Of course not. They love you very much."

...

Shirou brought Sakura home.

Of course, he couldn't just go home like this, so he first jumped to the second floor, entered through the window, took off his Ultraman costume and hid it under the bed, then put on a long shirt to cover his injured arm, and then jumped back to the first floor and entered through the front door.

"This child, you didn't even say a word before going out and only came back so late. Where did you go?" Mrs. Fujimaru scolded Shirou with a worried expression, twisting his ear with one hand.

"I went to see Sakura," Shirou said dejectedly. His suggestion had only lasted one night and was now useless. If he had known, he would have made it last longer.