Chapter 110

After returning to the manor, Kay showered Shirou with attention, leaving him completely bewildered and confused. He couldn't help but wonder if Kay swung that way, and the thought sent chills down his spine.

Feeling uncomfortable, Shirou quickly distanced himself from Kay, which only added to Kay's confusion. He began to question whether he was not recruiting Shirou correctly.

Had he misunderstood his father's advice that the best way to recruit someone was to please them, develop a relationship, and then formally propose recruitment when the relationship was strong enough?

As the son of the manor owner, Kay was a bit hesitant to undertake this recruitment work. Despite Shirou's growing discomfort, Kay remained determined to convince him to join their journey for the sake of his foster sister. However, no matter how hard Kay tried, Shirou only seemed to distance himself further, and Kay found himself unable to approach him.

That night, the moon shone brightly in the sky, and the stars twinkled like diamonds. In ancient times, there were no forms of entertainment, making life even more dull than in 1994 Japan.

Feeling drained from the day's events, Shirou retired to bed early, hoping to get some rest.

Artoria was a woman of her word and would follow through on her promise. Therefore, she decided to tell Merlin about Shirou's situation. However, whether or not Merlin would enter Shirou's dream to meet with him was up to him.

Merlin was renowned as one of the greatest magi of his era and was among the most famous in all of human history. As a candidate for the Caster class, he possessed the highest-ranked Clairvoyance, a necessary condition for becoming the most powerful magus.

Only three individuals were known to possess Clairvoyance of the highest rank: King Solomon, Gilgamesh, and Merlin. While King Solomon's Clairvoyance allowed him to see through both the past and future, and Gilgamesh's Clairvoyance could only see the future, Merlin's Clairvoyance was relatively limited as it only enabled him to observe everything in the present.

In other words, Merlin's Clairvoyance was useful solely in the present.

Although Merlin's Clairvoyance was relatively less useful than that of King Solomon and Gilgamesh, it was still the highest-ranked Clairvoyance. Additionally, Merlin was renowned for his mysterious magecraft, which might hold some clues to help Shirou return home.

Shirou closed his eyes, and before he knew it, he had fallen into a deep sleep. In a dazed state, he felt as though he had entered another world, much like when he had entered Scathach's dream world during the Fourth Holy Grail War.

When he opened his eyes, Shirou found himself surrounded by a sea of flowers. "Has Merlin brought me to his dream world?" he whispered to himself as he surveyed his environment.

As he gazed upon the sea of flowers, a man's voice began lecturing on the qualities of a king "Honesty, kindness, and humility are the hallmarks of a true king," the voice declared. "But a ruler must also learn to make difficult choices, prioritizing the welfare of their country over the interests of individuals. To secure victory, a king must be willing to make sacrifices, even if it means giving up small gains for greater ones. All actions must be taken with the goal of achieving victory..."

Occasionally, Shirou could hear a girl responding to the man's words.

He walked slowly toward the source of the voice, following the path lined with white flowers that gave it a romantic look. On the other side of the flower path, a sea of flowers extended as far as the eye could see. As Shirou approached, he saw a white-haired magus holding a staff and giving instructions to Artoria. It was Merlin, the half-human and half-succubus magus of flowers.