Chapter 170

Merlin asked, "What is your plan?"

Shirou responded with a smile, "What other choice do I have? I'll need to rely on my wits."

He then proceeded to visit Morgan's workshop, where she warmly greeted him.

"Sister, are you familiar with alchemy?"

Morgan confidently replied, "Of course!"

"In that case, can you produce bronze?"

She confidently replied, "Of course. Is there a particular reason for your inquiry?"

He projected a Gae Bolg and questioned, "Is it feasible to cover this spear with bronze?"

"It's a simple task."

He probed further, "Suppose I need fifty weapons to be coated with bronze. Can you accomplish this task within a day?"

She grumbled, "Although this country relies on you, don't underestimate your sister, Arthur!"

Shirou showered her with compliments, expressing his admiration for her skills and dependability. This delighted Morgan, who was pleased to receive recognition for her expertise.

Then he used a significant amount of magical energy to project fifty Gae Bolgs. Geraint was tasked with procuring tin and copper, which were quickly refined into high-quality bronze to cover the spears.

Merlin saw through his plan and helplessly said, "Are you planning to cheat for food?"

Shirou retorted, "They've been keeping the prices low and exploiting us. I'm simply leveling the playing field!"

He summoned Gawain and instructed him to select the fifty most remarkable soldiers from the remaining troops. He then ordered them to take a bath, groom themselves, and don the most elegant and shiny armor available.

He addressed the fifty selected soldiers, saying, "Everyone! Listen up! You have been entrusted with a crucial mission! Tomorrow, you will accompany me to Europe and demonstrate the valor of Camelot's soldiers to those kings! This mission carries significant importance for the future of our kingdom. Consider it a great honor to represent our nation, and be sure to rest well tonight and bring out your valor tomorrow!"

The fifty soldiers responded in unison, "Yes, your majesty!"

Shirou summoned Agravain and other ministers responsible for internal affairs from Caerleon, and briefed them on the situation. He stated, "Everyone, we have successfully established our presence in Cornwall, but it's evident that the people here harbor no love for Camelot. As we move forward, we'll face several challenges, and striking the right balance is crucial. We mustn't be overly aggressive, nor should we be too reserved. Our actions must be guided by kindness and respect for the law. While we can show forgiveness in certain cases, we must stand firm against those who commit unforgivable acts!"

"Your Majesty, we understand!" Lucan and the others responded in unison.

Shirou nodded thoughtfully before continuing, "The situation is complicated. Although Camelot managed to stop Vortigern, his army of beasts may still attack from the north and the center. Luckily, the lords and northern kings have secured the center, so that's one less thing to worry about. Our main focus now is dealing with any trouble that might come from the north."

After a brief pause, he turned to Bedivere and ordered, "Bedivere, I need you to act swiftly. Gather as many people as you can and build a defensive wall along the northern mountain range to fend off the monsters. Artoria is already there fighting alone, and she won't be able to hold out for long."

"Understood!" Bedivere replied, nodding in agreement.

Lucan interjected, "Your Majesty, the food shipment from the lords is due to arrive soon. What should we do with it?"