Chapter 43

"No success? No problem, the opponent is a Servant, failure is only natural... Kirei? He's targeting me? I understand, I'll be careful." Ending the communication with Maiya, Kiritsugu adjusted his weapon.

Kiritsugu's weapon of choice for killing magi was a Thompson Contender handgun, produced by the American Thompson Center Weapon Company. It featured a 381 mm stainless steel barrel that could match the power of a rifle. Kiritsugu had used magical means to reassemble the handgun, making it one of his most powerful and favorite weapons.

"Wee-woo, wee-woo-"

The sound of police sirens outside grew louder, almost without interruption. Despite the urgency of the noise, Kiritsugu's face remained calm as he continued to adjust his weapons, paying no attention to the commotion outside.

However, the next moment--

"Kiritsugu, listen to me! You're surrounded! Quickly put down your weapons and surrender, or we'll shoot!" A voice shouted from outside.

Kiritsugu, who had been adjusting his weapons, paused upon hearing the voice. He moved to the wall, using the curtains to conceal his figure, and peered out the window with a sidelong glance.

Kiritsugu could see rows of police cars parked downstairs. The police were divided into two groups, some of them aiming their guns at the window, ready to shoot Kiritsugu on sight if he showed himself, while others aimed at the apartment's front door.

What was going on?

Did the police catch on to yesterday's operation?

Kiritsugu frowned as he surveyed the front and back windows and found that both the front and back doors were already blocked by the police. It was clear that the police were trying to break in and arrest him.

"Boom!"

The front door was broken open. It was not a possibility, it was happening right now.

"Don't move!"

"Kiritsugu, an international terrorist organization criminal. Last night, you carried out a bombing and terrorist attack in our city, you are under arrest!"

A team of elite police officers trained in forced entry stormed into the apartment, guns drawn and aimed at Kiritsugu, initiating the arrest procedure. Kiritsugu turned to face them, lifting his hands in surrender, but as he attempted to use his magecraft to influence their minds, he found that their willpower was too strong to be swayed.

His magecraft failed!

Not only did he find that the police officers' willpower was too strong to be swayed, but the resulting conflict between their surface and deep consciousness also caused one of the officers, whose willpower was weaker, to lose control of his weapon and start firing at Kiritsugu.

The bullets whizzed through the air, and for a human with a physical body, dodging them would have been nearly impossible. However, Kiritsugu possessed a specialized magecraft called "Innate Time Control," which he inherited from his family and stored in a Magic Crest. This magecraft allowed him to detach a specific space from the flow of time in the outside world and manipulate it to his will. He used this ability to evade the bullet.

However, using this type of magic consumed a significant amount of magical energy and required extensive preparation.

To effectively utilize it in combat, Kiritsugu confined the boundary affected by the magecraft to his own body and restricted the duration of manipulation to just a few seconds, allowing the "flow of time" to have minimal interference with the innate boundary, making it a practical and useful magecraft in battle.