Chapter 21

This was the kingdom of shadow. The place was shrouded in darkness and gloom, the shadows almost palpable in the oppressive and suffocating atmosphere. Despite the eerie ambiance, it was also alluring and mysterious.

However, Shirou was not interested in exploring this mystery at the moment. He had been beaten and bruised, and had "died" 21 times. He lay on the ground, feeling like a dead fish, and had no desire to get up.

The woman who had inexplicably invaded his dream and "killed" him 21 times was now squatting next to him, tickling his nose with a flower.

"Ah-choo!" Shirou sneezed.

"Looks like you've recovered," the woman said in a gentle tone, throwing the flower away and standing up. "Let's get up and continue."

However, this gentle tone sounded like a devil to Shirou.

"What a joke!" he exclaimed. "I haven't recovered yet. I don't want to get up!" Shirou grabbed the grass on the ground with both hands and refused to get up, no matter what.

If he got up, he would definitely be tortured by this woman again.

"I've never taught such a disobedient disciple before," the woman laughed softly, showing no sign of anger and spoke in a gentle tone, like an older sister next door.

"I never said I wanted to be your disciple!" Shirou looked up at the woman's beautiful face and couldn't help but smile wryly.

The woman stood before Shirou, her striking figure commanding attention. Her straight, waist-length purple hair flowed like a waterfall of lavender, cascading down her curvaceous body which was accentuated by her revealing purple-black leather armor. In her hands, she held two bright red short spears, their pointed tips glinting menacingly. But it was her eyes that truly captivated Shirou, a pair of striking red orbs that seemed to pierce into his very soul.

Shirou wryly thought to himself that this woman must be the mistress of the Land of Shadows in Celtic mythology, Scathach. A woman who had lived from the time of the gods until now.

But how could this woman appear in the real world? Why did she suddenly appear in his dream? And to top it off, she started talking about teaching him and then proceeded to violently attack and kill him 21 times. Fortunately, it was just a dream, or else he would have really died.

"How did you enter my dream, Shishou?" Shirou asked, his frustration palpable. He had hoped to leave Fuyuki City in just two days and escape the Fourth Holy Grail War, and he had even managed to change Sakura's fate while preserving his own life. He should have been able to sleep soundly, shouldn't he? But instead, this woman had entered his dream and beaten him up for no reason.

"Shishou? Is that how people in your time address their mentor?" Scathach blinked in surprise before smiling gently. "But I don't mind it."

No

That was just pure terminology.

Shirou knew that this was all wrong. Scathach was clearly a violent person in disguise as a beautiful girl. How else could she have so easily killed a cute six-year-old boy 21 times?

"Entering your dream is quite simple," Scathach laughed charmingly, her voice gentle and soothing, like a breeze. "It's a type of magic you're not familiar with."

"If you're well-rested, then rise and continue training with me," Scathach urged.

Shirou had a bitter expression on his face. "I'm just a child, please let me go."

"Fighting has nothing to do with age," Scathach laughed.

"But I'm just a small bird, Shishou. It's better for you to find other experts," Shirou said bitterly. The feeling of being killed again and again was a great punishment for Shirou, who just wanted to survive.