Chapter 22

"Uh..."

With a pain-filled cry, Shirou was kicked out of the dream.

Scathach, who acted like a big sister to him, didn't get angry when he made the rude request. Instead, she simply smiled and refused. In her words - "You really are a pitiable child. But even though I really want to help you, unfortunately, I cannot manifest in the physical world."

And then under the pretext of training, Scathach subjected Shirou to a brutal beating, hammering his body until it was as tough as iron. In total, she killed him 41 times before finally, just as dawn was breaking, she kicked him out with a swift kick to the butt.

Violence!

It was a truly violent experience!

Shirou really wants to cry. Despite her gentle exterior, Scathach's true nature was that of a terrifying demon of violence!

But that's not even the worst part. The thing that truly made Shirou's head throb was the realization that he was being watched by that tax thief maniac!

No wonder that guy was so willing to provide information to Shirou and come to his aid when he was about to be killed by Spartacus. It was because Shirou had become the object of amusement for Mr. Gold!

Could this be the result of his luck, which was almost as good as Lancer's E?

Shirou couldn't help but laugh bitterly.

"Big brother, did I keep you from getting a good night's sleep last night?" Sakura asked guiltily. She had held onto Shirou throughout the night and thought that might be the reason for his lack of rest.

"No, Sakura, you're worrying too much. Let's get out of bed, wash up, brush our teeth, and have breakfast," Shirou said, pulling back the blankets.

"Okay." Sakura nodded.

After they washed up, Shirou and Sakura went downstairs to find that Mrs. Fujimaru had already prepared breakfast, which included a poached egg and milk.

"Huh, we are not having sandwiches today?" Shirou asked curiously.

"I watched a health program last night, and the expert said it's not good to eat greasy food in the morning," Mrs. Fujimaru said with a smile, clearly pleased that she had gained some new health knowledge.

Shirou knew that his mom liked to watch those domestic care programs on a daily basis. In an effort to be a competent housewife, this tough and detail-oriented mother was also working very hard.

"Oh, right, Shirou. Your dad said he'll be off work in two days. Do you have any place you'd like to go and play?" Mrs. Fujimura asked.

"No," Shirou shook his head.

"What about you, Sakura? Do you have any place you'd like to go?" Mrs. Fujimura asked, turning to Sakura.

"No, Aunt Chiyo," Sakura answered politely.

"Oh dear! That's a problem. Where should our family go on vacation? Abroad is too expensive, and going to a nearby city doesn't have the feeling of novelty," Mrs. Fujimura said, looking a bit troubled.

It seemed that she, being lively and energetic wanted to go out and play. It was a reminder that even as adults, the desire to have fun and relax is still present.

It's just that -

Shirou laughed bitterly. Originally, he had planned a family vacation to avoid the Fourth Holy Grail War, but because of Mr. Gold, he had to put it on hold.

At the very least, he can't go out with the Fujimaru family, otherwise, as his mentor said, that extremely self-centered chuunibyou will surely bomb the transportation vehicle they're riding in.