Chapter 142

The army began to orderly withdraw from the abandoned mine, and command was returned to the leading knights of each kingdom. However, everything that happened here left a mark on the soldiers' hearts.

Tristan, Bedivere, Lamorak, and the rest needed to assess the extent of their losses, so they acknowledged Shirou and led the soldiers away.

Only Shirou and Artoria remained behind.

"Fuu~!"

Fou lay on the soft grass, tumbling about and scanning her surroundings with her gaze.

Gawain, accompanied by Gareth, approached Shirou and Artoria, his face displaying gratitude as he spoke, "Your Excellency Arthur, Artoria, I cannot express my gratitude enough. Without your assistance, my sister would have been in grave danger just now."

"It was nothing, we simply did what we could." Shirou smiled and waved his hand.

"You are truly a humble person!" Gawain responded respectfully.

As Shirou waved his hand, his eyes landed on Gareth's adorable and youthful face, evoking a sense of emotion within him. He had initially believed that the disguised magus was Morgan le Fay, but he never imagined it would be Gareth, her daughter!

Gareth was also a Knight of the Round Table, the seventh knight, renowned as "Gareth of the Gentle." She happened to be the younger sibling of Gawain, Agravain, and Gaheris.

Noticing his gaze upon Gareth, Gawain lightly tapped his forehead and spoke with a smile, "I nearly forgot to introduce her. This is my sister, Gareth, an apprentice magus."

Curious, Shirou asked, "Why did you feel the need to disguise yourself?"

Gawain replied, "It's a magical protection bestowed upon Gareth by our mother."

"I see," he nodded, smiling. "To be honest, at first, I thought she was my sister, Morgan le Fay."

"It's not unexpected that Your Excellency Arthur would have thought that way. In fact, our mother was always by my side before," Gawain explained.

"May I ask where my sister is now, Sir Gawain?" Shirou asked calmly. He couldn't help but be concerned about Morgan le Fay, as a witch who held the power of the island.

"My mother returned to the kingdom a month ago," Gawain replied, turning his head to look at Gareth and Artoria. He spoke helplessly, "My sister had heard rumors about the Knight Princess's tale and escaped from the Convent to beg me to take her to see the Knight Princess. She nearly met with an accident. In any case, thank you very much, Your Excellency Arthur and Artoria. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to explain it to my mother."

Gawain looked grateful.

"It was nothing but a small gesture, Sir Gawain," He replied. However, the news that Morgan le Fay had departed from Camelot a month ago was significant information.

Gareth stood next to Artoria, her eyes gleaming as she gazed at Artoria and expressed her gratitude, "Sir Artoria, thank you so much for your assistance earlier!"

"Sir?... I apologize, but I'm not a formal knight yet. I don't deserve the honor of being addressed as 'Sir'," she remarked, shaking her head.

"Is that so? Then, thank you very much, Lady Artoria!" Gareth responded gratefully. If it weren't for her intervention, she would have been devoured by Cath Palug.

"No need to be formal, it's what a knight should do," she declared, her expression resolute.

Gareth stared at Artoria, her eyes shining with admiration. Suddenly, a trace of hesitation flashed across her cute face, and she asked carefully, "Um, Lady Artoria, may I touch your sword?"