Chapter 143

"I am the great wise man who has protected Britain. Even if you don't remember my deeds, I hope you will remember the past. I was your father's swordsmanship teacher, and I also taught your adopted sister strategy and tactics."

"Even though I am a magus without the honor of a knight and not even considered human, at least I have the face of a man! Why do you insist on making me wear women's clothing, Kay?"

Merlin stood in the inn, his gaze fixed angrily on the gray skirt that Kay had thrown at him. Kay stood silently, his face clouding over as he pressed his sword against Merlin's neck.

Merlin disdainfully looked at the sword and proudly said, "Do you think a sword can make me, Merlin, submit? I'm telling you, it's im-pos-si-ble!"

"I spat on this sword," Kay said.

His face changed, trembling all over. "I'll wear it...I'll wear it...just keep your distance, please don't touch my skin."

Kay sneered and put down his sword.

A single tear trickled down Merlin's handsome face. "This is ridiculous... I am clearly a man... What has become of the knight's honor?" He secretly cast a glance in Kay's direction.

Kay's expression remained blank, but an aura of intense pressure radiated from his entire body. His eyes were bloodshot and intimidating, and he seemed almost poised to strike at Merlin with his sword. Indeed, if Artoria had not intervened, Kay may have actually attacked.

'This is getting out of hand!' Merlin lamented in his heart.

At this point, Shirou said, "Kay, Artie, could you both step out for a moment? I need to speak with Merlin in private."

Kay and Artoria both nodded, and as Kay turned to leave, he held his sword firmly and spoke fiercely, "If you dare to go around flirting with my face again, I'll cut off that thing of yours!"

He gestured with his sword, frightening Merlin to the point where his face turned pale.

"I understand, I understand!!!" Merlin said with a pale face.

Kay let out a cold snort before turning to leave. Merlin watched his departing figure with a sense of relief, and he patted his chest while letting out a deep sigh.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk..." Shirou clicked his tongue. "Evil begets evil. Merlin, don't you think so?"

Merlin replied indignantly, "Why do you make me sound like a villain? I have not done anything wrong!"

Shirou couldn't help but laugh. "You might want to keep your voice down, or else Kay might come back charging in again."

Merlin's face changed and he secretly glanced at the door, relieved to not see the berserker who had abandoned his knightly honor.

Then he raised his right hand, revealing a silver beast that had been biting into his arm. He spoke with an exasperated expression, "Can you please make this creature let go? I'm not something delicious to be eaten."

Before Shirou could say anything, Fou released his grip and jumped to the ground, sticking out his tongue a few times. A voice resonated in Shirou and Merlin's minds, 'It tastes terrible!'

Merlin let out a helpless sigh, "I am not something to be eaten, so how could it possibly taste good?"

Shirou instigated with a grin, "Well, you did just bite his clothes. Of course, it doesn't taste good. You have to bite meat to get a better taste!"

"Fouu~!" Fou set his sights on Merlin's exposed shoulder.

Merlin spoke in a panic, "Why won't you believe me? Wait! Don't look at me like that! Don't do anything rash! I am truly not something delicious to eat!"