Chapter 133

Shirou's bluff had successfully frightened those who may have had ulterior motives, and he decided it was time to leave. However, before he could do so, Gawain cordially invited them to his residence for a chat.

Shirou cast a quick glance towards the self-proclaimed Gemos and then shifted his gaze to Merlin, who was barely containing his mirth. After carefully observing Merlin's expression, Shirou nodded in agreement and agreed to Gawain's invitation.

Led by Gawain, Shirou arrived at the Inn where they were staying and settled at a table in the balcony, where they enjoyed a cheerful conversation for a while. Gawain spoke about their relationship, while Shirou recounted his journey and shared what he had seen and heard, leaving Gawain thoroughly impressed.

They talked happily, but there was one thing that Gawain was always concerned about. He cast a quick glance at Kay before turning to Shirou and posing a question, "Arthur, I have been meaning to ask you - when I went to Ector's estate to bring you back, why did Sir Kay refer to you as Guinevere, and why did you respond to it?"

Kay and Artoria became nervous, but Shirou remained composed, smiling as he responded, "To be honest, Guinevere is another name I go by to conceal my true identity. Ten years ago, when Merlin revealed my existence, Vortigern relentlessly pursued me, seeking to take my life. It was for this reason that I was given an alternate name, to ensure my survival."

"I see," Gawain nodded, then turned his attention to Shirou's hair and inquired curiously, "But if I recall correctly, King Uther's bloodline has golden hair. Why is your hair black?"

"I'm uncertain about that," Shirou replied, before motioning towards Artoria and pulling her closer. With a calm smile, he introduced her to Gawain, saying, "This is my sister, Artoria Pendragon. As you can see, her hair is golden."

Artoria appeared flustered by this sudden turn of events, while Kay's expression grew tense. Merlin, on the other hand, appeared intrigued.

"A sister? You have a sister?" Gawain remarked, glancing at the flustered Artoria before turning back to Shirou, a look of confusion on his face.

Shirou smiled calmly and asked, "Is there an issue, Sir Gawain?"

"I apologize... I had heard about your situation from my mother, but she only ever mentioned having one younger brother. I had no idea that she actually had a younger sister."

"As for my own identity, I only recently discovered the truth. However, I am unsure as to why my sister Morgan's knowledge differs from my own. I have asked Merlin about it, but he always evades the question and says that I will learn the truth in due time," Shirou said, wearing a casual smile. He then turned towards Merlin, "Isn't that right, Merlin?"

Merlin let out a sigh internally, thinking to himself, 'Why is it always left to me? I'm simply an observer! But he recognized that he was the one who had initiated the situation, so he put on a smile and replied, "Certain things are the will of King Uther and cannot be disclosed."

"Ah, I see..." Gawain's expression brightened with understanding.

"That's right. When I was younger, I too used to wonder why my hair was black while Artoria's was golden. But, at the end of the day, I am who I am, and my sister will always be my sister."

Kay's face grew even stiffer, and he couldn't help but shout inwardly, 'She's my sister!!!'

"By the way, Arthur, there seems to be a misunderstanding," Gawain interjected. "While I did come to congratulate you on your ascension to the throne, I didn't bring any troops with me. It's just me and my attendant magus."

"Ah, I see. I apologize for assuming otherwise," Shirou replied with an easy smile, gesturing towards the cavalry parading outside the window. "When I saw the kingdoms' cavalry here to celebrate my ascension, I assumed Caerleon had sent some as well. By the way, Gawain, do you happen to know how many kingdoms sent cavalry to greet me at Caerleon Castle?"