26

☆ 26. Chapter 26 Xiaonians family has not been together for a long time...

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 26 Xiaonians family hasnt been together for a long time...

Sichuan Province is a major military strategic province, and it used to be the countrys strategic nuclear deployment base.

Later, after learning that the volcano might erupt, the country secretly built several nuclear power plants, which can fully supply the huge energy consumption generated by the large-scale infrastructure construction in various places.

Although volcanic ash often crushes power lines, the most urgent thing now is manpower, which can basically be repaired quickly.

However, even if there is electricity, it is still useless without enough food. After all, people can't live by charging, they still have to eat food.

There is no food - this is why the latter part of the apocalypse is getting harder and harder.

The first year was due to volcanic eruptions, which sprayed a large amount of high-temperature gas into the space, causing it to become increasingly hot and extremely high. Moreover, the volcanic ash after the eruption fell on the surface of the plants and suffocated them to death. At the same time, volcanic ash blocked the sunlight, and a large number of light-loving plants died, causing many animals to die as well.

For many years afterwards, because the volcanic ash blocked the sun, it became less hot. On the contrary, it became colder year by year, and food could not be grown at all.

All food can only be grown in greenhouses and must be protected from heavy hail.

It is said that high-power pulse xenon lamps are turned on in those greenhouses, and a lot of the water in the early stage is contaminated by volcanic ash and cannot be used. It must be filtered before normal vegetables and grains can grow. In the later stage, the water is frozen and can be used. The volcanic ash in it is a good fertilizer, but it must be heated and thawed first, which consumes a lot of energy.

It is very difficult for the outside world to grow anything and get it. From the first year on, there have been droughts, floods, and hail all day long. One second it is a huge sandstorm, and the next second it may be a downpour.

Moreover, the climate is so weird that food cannot grow at all.

The limited grain production could not guarantee food for the vast population at all. Therefore, in the later period, the Chinese people ate newly developed edible bacteria that did not require sunlight, as well as various fungus and mushrooms with a musty smell.

Rice noodles and the like are basically invisible to the general public. In the ten years since the end of the world, no matter what, even a box of matches will be precious.

February 3, 2121, the 23rd day of the twelfth lunar month,

the day of the Little New Year. Mu Qing had been busy building the house for more than half a year. Dad Zhang, who had hardly had a day off, finally had time to catch his breath.

Now he is busier than before the merger of the teams, because he is the captain of the Quanxiang construction team, so he is responsible for the entire township's construction.

In the past half month, as the country continues to adjust the population distribution. Many people have gone to big cities before, but the city capacity is limited, so many people who have no place to live are diverted to the next level.

For example, if you are talking about Chengdu City, then many counties and villages are within the scope of Chengdu City, which can be regarded as meeting your requirements. Who makes it impossible for you to find a place to live? Many people who took refuge were unreliable and ended up going to the countryside.