64

☆ 64. Chapter 64 There were bugs in the food and many people were heated to death.

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 64: There were bugs in the grain. Many people were heated to death.

Time passed quickly. In the blink of an eye, it was March 7, 2121.

At this time, the eruption of the Toba volcano had been going on for a week. The volcanic ash once again covered the sky. The temperature rose again, even approaching 50 degrees. Many people were heated to death.

The disaster is far more than just high temperature, there are countless derivative problems caused by high temperature.

At present, the first thing that bears the brunt is that many people find that the food at home is starting to get bugs. But in this weather, they can't dry it in the sun or do anything. What can they do?

Therefore, the bank's business is booming, and everyone is willing to take out food and store it in the bank.

Of course, this is only what outsiders are willing to do. After all, they have no place to dry their food. Here in Sichuan Province, grain is dried every summer for fear of bugs growing on the grain.

However, it was not summer yet, so they did not expect that they would see bugs growing there, so they started to dry them in a hurry.

However, there are not many places at home that can block the volcanic ash. Many people expose themselves directly to the floor at home. However, foreigners do not have a floor to expose themselves to.

Therefore, Mu Qing said before that the bank was very profitable. Now if he takes back a pound of rice and noodles, he may not know what a pound of rice is in the later stage.

After all, even banks are not completely safe. They will suffer losses and be attacked by natural disasters such as floods and hail. They don't care who you belong to.

Once again, the gap between locals and outsiders widens.

Mu Qing's family was also busy drying food. She didn't think it was necessary at first. After all, the basement was really not hot, and she had done a good job in this area. The basement was very suitable for storing food.

However, if the elderly at home are not good enough, they have to dry their food. In the end, Mu Qing had to take Grandma Mu down to the basement and show her.

When Grandma Mu entered the basement, she was shocked. She had only seen one room before, but now that she saw the supplies on the two floors, she really didn't feel anything at all. She was numb with shock.

The temperature in the basement was also very low. She went to look at the grain her granddaughter had bought and found that the rice here was all sealed, so she was not afraid of bugs. Then she bought a lot of wheat and felt it inside. There was no internal burning and it was very dry. She felt relieved.

Mu Qing also breathed a sigh of relief. Her supplies were treasures and she knew the situation best. She would take these millets, wheat, etc. into the space and process them whenever she had time.

After entering the space, you can dehydrate and kill insects, so you dont have to worry about bad things at all. How could they possibly fit dozens of tons of millet and wheat in the small space in their house?

"How's it going?" Grandpa Mu watched his wife and granddaughter come up, and then hurriedly supported them.

"It's okay, just do what you have to do!" Grandma Mu gave the order directly. After all, it seemed that it was really not needed, but she still reminded Mu Qing, "Mumu, you have to go down and take a look at the food every two days. So, don't be careless."