[𝟭𝟭𝟱] 🧸 Cɪᴛʏ Bᴏʏ & Cᴏᴀsᴛ Gɪʀʟ - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
L/N - your last name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "telepatía" - Kali Uchis

requested by @fortheloveofcharles

i'm gonna say this (and idc who i offend in this room)...

andrew garfield is the best spiderman.

—————————

Y/N L/N had lived on the coast of an island her entire life, used to nothing but daily beach trips and swims in the sea. She was grateful to have a gorgeous house that overlooked the saltwater horizons, and wouldn't trade it for the world. She also wouldn't trade her lovely neighbours for the world: a retired elderly couple who were always more than happy to share their baked goods and garden space with Y/N and her family.

They hardly had any visitors, as their one grown-up child lived in the city on the mainland and couldn't visit much, so they were of course grateful to have some company. With the lack of visitors being the norm, Y/N was surprised to hear a new voice from their garden one early summer morning while she took her dog out for the toilet. It sounded like they were greeting someone out the front of their house, but Y/N couldn't make out the exact words used.

At the sound of a stranger, Y/N's dog barked and wagged its tail, before darting through the small dog sized hole in the fence between the houses. Sighing, Y/N ran to the pavement to cross on to their property, in order to retrieve the dog with words of, "Hi, sorry, I-" she cut herself off when she caught sight of the person the couple were greeting. It was a boy, about her age, who was smiling and petting the dog. He looked up, and grinned even wider when he saw her. She was suddenly hyper aware of the fact she was in her skimpy summer pyjamas of a tank top and short shorts.

"Ah, Y/N! This is C/N, our grandson!" the elderly lady smiled, "He's staying here for the summer." She gestured to the large suitcase stood beside the boy.

"C/N, this is Y/N, she's our neighbour, and the same age as you, I believe," the lady's husband said, "She's really sweet, I think you'll get along."

"Nice to meet you," Y/N said sheepishly, holding out her hand, which he shook.

"You too."

That was only the beginning.

It turned out C/N was a year older than her, at seventeen, and they had a lot of the same interests which meant they got along very easily. She offered to show him around the place, since his grandparents were too old to provide a tour all day long. They were more than happy to let the teens go off together, anyway.

"This is my favourite restaurant!" she beamed, presenting a classic 50s beach themed restaurant. It was the day after he had first arrived, since the first day he had spent entirely with his grandparents unpacking and settling in. Of course, Y/N was relieved to be properly dressed that time.

"It looks cool," he chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "Are we eating lunch here?"

She nodded, grabbing his arm and pulling him inside. "Hey, Grace," she greeted the girl behind the counter, who smiled warmly in return.

"Hi, Y/N and... who's this? Your boyfriend?"

Y/N stumbled over explaining that he was merely her neighbours' grandson, as the comment had left her quite flustered. C/N, however, seemed rather unfazed, and remained unfazed whenever anyone they ran into around the beach who Y/N knew made a comment of similar connotations.

It was week two when C/N finally agreed to go deeper in the sea than just dipping his feet in, because apparently (as Y/N had learned when they first ate lunch together) the boy couldn't swim. Y/N had been shocked when she found out such information, as living on an island she hardly met anyone who couldn't swim. But, the shock wore away when she remembered that he was a mainland city boy. That didn't stop her from having a resentment for his apparent distaste of getting wet, which is why he took so long to be convinced in terms of letting her teach him how to swim.

When they arrived at the beach together, it took everything inside of her not to stare at his toned abdomen and arms when he pulled off his shirt. To distract herself, she took her turn at unbuttoning her shirt and tugging it off along with her shorts, leaving her in her favourite swimming costume. Upon looking back up at C/N to check he was ready, she was surprised to see him staring at her, but he quickly looked away and acted as though that hadn't happened. "Right... ready to teach me?"

"Always," she beamed, running towards the water. He caught up with her in no time, and proceeded to wade into the depths alongside her.

"I can't understand how you chose to come here for the summer when you can't swim and don't like getting wet."

"My parents wanted me to get to know my grandparents better, it wasn't a choice."

She rolled her eyes, "Okay, well... it's about time you learned how to swim, it's a useful skill and all, but most importantly it's fun and one of my favourite escapes from reality."

"Sure, I mean, you have the rest of the summer to convince me to like getting wet."

"Challenge accepted."

It seemed as if his departure came quicker than it should have, and Y/N was dreading saying goodbye as she had become very attached to the boy. C/N had said his farewells to his grandparents back at their house, and walked with Y/N to the dock where he was to take a ferry back to the mainland.

"So..." Y/N trailed off, facing him with a newfound awkwardness in the air.

"So..." he copied.

"Did I succeed in convincing you?"

"Convincing me to what?"

Y/N sighed, "Convincing you to like getting wet! Remember? When I first taught you to swim?"

"Oh yeah..." he chuckled, "You know what... I think you may have."

She grinned, letting silence fall over them again.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said softly, destroying the quiet atmosphere.

"Really?"

"Yeah, this has been a lot of fun."

"I don't want you to leave," Y/N finally admitted, letting her head hang.

"I promise I'll be back here next summer, but, in the mean time..." he handed her a piece of paper from his pocket, "Have my number."

Y/N accepted it, and was about to say something in response when he cut her off.

"Oh, and I want to leave you with one more thing."

"What?"

C/N kissed her, right there and then, on the lips. It was what Y/N had been hoping for, but not what she had been expecting. "I'll call you everyday, coast girl."

"And I'll pick up everyday, city boy," she giggled, flustered from the kiss. He leaned down and kissed her one more time, before grabbing his suitcase and running on to the ferry.

They waved at each other as the ferry departed, already feeling the separation effects after spending the entire summer together constantly.

But, they would get to see each other the next year, and, oh boy, could they not wait.

——————————

i didn't rlly know how to end this nicely but here ya go :)

[1256 words]