[𝟭𝟬𝟴] ⚠️ Fᴀᴋᴇ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅs - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name

Song: "Arms Tonite" - Mother Mother

requested by @_Honey_Bea_

⚠️mean friends :(, slut-shaming, bullying, insults⚠️

—————————

It only seemed natural that Y/N's 'friends' didn't invite her to the dress-up beforehand, in fact, she almost felt stupid for being sad as it wasn't surprising. Even so, she put on a decent outfit and met up with them outside the party, when they didn't even try to hide the fact they showed up in one car. Rachel and Daisy took the lead, and they gave her sickeningly sweet smiles, "Oh, hi, Y/N! You look... cute."

Y/N forced a smile, and said, "You too, Daisy."

"Come on, we don't have all day!" Rachel sighed, "Try to keep up, Y/N."

She nodded, and trailed behind the group as they entered the house, booming with partiers and alcohol the like. Rachel, Daisy and the rest of the group seemed to separate themselves from Y/N with ease, but it wasn't long before she located Daisy again. She was talking to a tall boy and visibly flirting, so Y/N felt half-bad for interrupting, "So, uh... why did you run off?"

"Oh my God, Y/N! Would you not ruin everything for once? Can't you see I'm busy?" regret flashed over Daisy's face after she snapped, but apparently not from what she said to Y/N. It appeared to be the fact she had showed her true self to the boy she was flirting with that she regretted. He backed away, so Daisy huffed and turned back to Y/N. "Why do you hang around with us, anyway? We clearly don't like you."

"I- uh-"

"You're far too ugly and stupid to be around us anyway. Find some new friends."

Y/N remained glued to the spot as her ex-friend walked away. She should have expected those words sooner or later, and it wasn't like she didn't know that's what they all actually thought of her. It still hurt, however. No one liked being told such things; and it essentially left her without company, kind or mean.

What should she do? There was no one else for her to hang out with in the house, and certainly no one new would want to hang out with her after seeing her cry in the middle of the room.

"Hey, Y/N," a familiar deep voice said, that suddenly went concerned, "Oh God, are you okay?"

All she could do was look at the speaker, C/N, as her chest tightened and breathing quickened. She was both relieved and terrified that it was her crush who showed up at her moment of despair.

"Right. Come on," he said, grabbing her hand and forcing her feet to become unstuck. Y/N followed his lead to the upstairs bathroom, where C/N locked the door. She watched him with curiosity, tears still streaming out her eyes and making her vision blurry. When he turned back around, he lifted her up on to the counter beside the sink, letting his hands rest either side of her legs. "What happened?"

"My- my- my-"

"Breathe."

Y/N inhaled and exhaled deeply, "My friends... they, uh, called me ugly and stupid... and, uh, told me to find new friends..."

"In the nicest way possible, you should have seen that coming... not because you're stupid or ugly, on the contrary... but because they've never been nice people."

"I- I know- but I put up with it, 'cause I had- have- nowhere else to go... You- you don't think I'm stupid or ugly...?"

He laughed, "How could I? You're the most gorgeous person I've ever seen... and you're certainly way more intelligent than me."

Y/N cracked a small smile.

"And you don't have nowhere else to go."

"Really?"

"Yeah..." he said softly, pretty eyes flicking down to her lips, making her cheeks warm.

She did nothing to stop him when one of his hands touched her cheek with a gentle motion, and couldn't help but smile into the kiss when his lips made contact with hers. C/N smiled back, and they kissed properly for a quick second before he pulled away.

"You can come with me... my friends seem rowdy, but they're actually quite nice."

He waited until Y/N's tears had completely dried up before leading her back out the bathroom with their hands interlocked. Just outside the bathroom were a couple of Y/N's ex-friends, and it was apparent they had been eavesdropping for some of the time.

"What? So you weren't in there crying alone?" one of them said. Okay, so they had shown up after C/N and her had fallen into silence.

"Well, who would have thought innocent little Y/N was a slut?" Rachel crossed her arms and smirked.

Y/N's grip on C/N's hand tightened, making him glare at the two girls. "I don't know what you think you are," he said, "But you are not better than Y/N... Believe it or not, being nice is free, but better-looking faces are not."

He smiled sweetly at them, before pulling Y/N away and downstairs to his friends, "Don't worry, you won't be the only girl, a couple of the others' girlfriends are part of the group too."

C/N introduced her to the group of people surrounding the television and playing video games. "Hey, it's a pleasure to meet you," one girl said, getting up from beside her boyfriend and holding out her hand with a smile. Y/N hadn't seen such a genuine smile on a girl in a long time. "I'm B/N... welcome to the group, I guess."

———————

the names of the mean friends totally were not based off of anyone in my school

i hope i met the request's standards!

[981 words]