[𝟯𝟱] 🧸 Vᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ's Dᴀʏ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name
C/B/N - crush's best friend's name

Song: "1-800-DATEME" - mxmtoon

ik it's nowhere near valentine's but oh well

———————

Valentine's day was upon the world, and Y/N's school was decorated with pink hearts and flowers everywhere. Couples she hadn't even known existed were walking around holding hands and exchanging sweet gifts of chocolates and flowers. B/N was spending the day with her boyfriend, C/B/N, as Y/N had insisted that one day a year dedicated to him was no big deal. Inevitably, Y/N felt a little lonely and lost when she entered the canteen set up entirely with two-person tables.

An hour had been set aside for lunch, as the school was holding a huge event to raise money for charity. The event included all profits made from the "couple lunch" going towards whatever charity the school was supporting. Only problem? The school had completely overlooked those who were single.

Some people who were just friends ate together, but all of Y/N's friends were in relationships and enjoying dates. She didn't want to bother them, as literally every other day of the year she was considered a higher priority.

"Hey, Y/N," a familiar attractive voice spoke from behind, "How are you?"

"Incredibly and immensely lonely," she responded, gazing round the room of pairs giggling flirtatiously with each other.

"That makes two of us," he said with a sigh, "All my mates have girlfriends or boyfriends."

Y/N shook her head dejectedly, "And all I want is some lunch..."

"Hi!" the energetic voice of one of the student council pupils said, "Table for two?"

Both C/N and Y/N shared a look, realising they were stood by the temporary entrance podium of the canteen with a queue forming behind them. "Uh..." she stuttered, put on the spot.

"Yes, please," he said with a smile, taking the lead. One of the reasons Y/N had a crush on him was the fact he was so confident.

They were led to one of the free tables set up towards the side of the canteen, a bouquet of tulips set up in a vase. "You're a very cute couple," the girl giggled, "What drinks can I get you?"

"Apple juice, thanks," Y/N smiled, glancing over the small menu. There was only one course available and three options for it, but it was a school charity event.

"Me too," C/N added with a bright grin, "And I'll have the chicken korma, please."

The girl nodded, making notes on her notepad. She looked at Y/N expectantly, who glanced over the menu before saying, "Yeah... I'll also have the korma... thanks, Katelyn."

As she left to go to the kitchen area, C/N turned to his "date" and asked, "You know her?"

"She's my sister's friend," Y/N said dismissively, "She's nice but a little too bubbly for me."

When the food arrived a mere few minutes later, Y/N and C/N had been spotted by B/N and C/B/N across the room. They watched as C/B/N pulled out his phone and typed something into it.

Y/N put a piece of chicken into her mouth just as C/N showed her the message that had been sent to him.

You guys finally told each other bout ur feelings? You've had a crush on each other for practically forever

She began a coughing fit on the spot, choking on the chicken that she had been slowly chewing on. Her face was, naturally, flushed and she couldn't help but feel even more pressured by the cocky grin on C/N's face. How the fuck wasn't he bothered by the fact it was revealed he had a crush on her? He had a crush on her.

The thought finally processed in her mind. Pointing at herself, she successfully managed to swallow and say, "You... have a crush on... me?"

"Yeah... I though that was obvious?" he raised an eyebrow, "I literally use any excuse I can to spend time with you... and I wasn't exactly opposed to doing this whole date thing with you..."

"Well, I was oblivious to all of that," Y/N said with a sigh, "Does this mean you're my boyfriend?"

C/N grinned joyfully, "If you want me to be."

"Wow... my first Valentine's not single," she chuckled, picking up her cutlery once more.

"Yeah, and I'm paying," he said with an air that left no room for argument, "It is the gentleman thing to do."

"The fucking patriarchy," she muttered, but she didn't really mind.

How could she?

————————

fun fact about me: i've never dated anyone

[795 words]