[𝟭𝟬𝟯] 🧸 Pᴏᴡᴇʀ Cᴜᴛ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Nobody Gets Me (Like You)" - Wallows

.....................y'all......................i think i've developed a crush on a boy in my french class......................

————————

The lights suddenly switched off at the darkened hour of 6pm, leaving the residence of C/N and Y/N without power. With there being no idea as to when it would come back on, they set to work on lighting all the unused candles C/N's mother had so generously gifted them over the years. Y/N set up a quilted pillow fort on the sofa in front of the toasty fireplace, while her boyfriend prepared snacks and delicacies without the aid of kitchen appliances. It was times like this they regretted owning an electric oven and not a gas one.

In short time, they snuggled up together in the fort, snacking and talking. It had honestly been a while since they had had a proper discussion, but it still amazed Y/N that C/N remained to hold the ability to make her flustered with ease. She could just laugh it off these days, however, but that wouldn't stop him from teasing.

"Right, I gotta piss," she eventually said, reluctantly moving to get out from under the covers.

"No~, don't go~!" C/N whined, wrapping his arms around her waist, but she continued to pull away.

"I'm sorry, but I have to~"

After successfully prying herself from his tightened grip, she made her journey to the bathroom, meanwhile C/N looked around with a frown. He was thinking. Yep, now was the time. He quickly disappeared into their bedroom to collect something, but returned before Y/N came back. Evidently, she was clueless to him having left at all.

"So, what should we do now?" she asked.

"I have a little something in mind..."

"Like what?"

C/N looked at her with a small smile, which made her suspiciously narrow her eyes at him.

"Darling, what did you do?"

"I met the most beautiful person in the world."

"Eugh, cut it with the crap," she scrunched her nose, "You know I hate cringe."

"And you know I love to see you squirm."

"Mm. You have for the last five years we've been dating."

C/N grinned, "And the fact I still succeed in making you flustered means I'm still as amazing as ever."

"Cocky bastard," she said under her breath.

"Hey! I heard that!"

"Good," Y/N stuck her tongue out, before continuing under her breath, "Five years and you still haven't proposed."

He raised his eyebrows at her, reaching into his pocket to pull out a little velvet box, "Are you sure about that?"

All she could do was let her jaw drop. Talk about fucking timing!

C/N smiled at her shocked face, and flicked open the little box to reveal a white gold ring engraved with a vine pattern, and adorned with sparkly diamonds and blue sapphires arranged in a little flower. "Since you're so against cringy crap, I'm just going to cut to the chase. Unfortunately, I love you, Y/N, and if I don't spend the rest of my life with you I might as well be dead. Will you be my wife?"

Her lips stretched into a grin, and she began nodding her head before her mind had processed what she was doing. "Of course I will, you stupid prick!"

"What? I propose to you and you insult me?"

Y/N laughed, "...Yeah... The real question is... does the ring fit?"

"Let's find out," he took it out the box and slipped it on to her finger, "Look, perfectly!"

"And how did that happen?"

"Measured your finger in your sleep."

"Yeah, that's not fucking creepy."

C/N flicked her forehead, "Be grateful. At least you don't have to get it fitted."

"Mm... but seriously, thank you so much, I love you."

"I love you too, so much," he pressed his lips to hers, "So... we're in a romantic candlelit room, what happens now?" he wriggled his eyebrows.

Suddenly, the lights came back on, blinding them instantly with the powerful white shine. "What romantic candlelit room?" she smirked.

Glaring at her, he slipped out of the covers to flip the switch by the door of the lounge, plunging them back into the darkness from before. "This romantic candlelit room."

"Well... I suppose we have some time before I'll want to call everyone I know and tell them we're engaged..."

"Is that a yes?"

She sighed, admiring the ring, "Alright, since you've been so generous today."

C/N grinned, "You won't regret it."

"Wanna bet?"

————————

sorry it's been a while... i watched a lot of anime and school has had me dying <3

i watched kakeguri, rewatched haikyuu, and started watching saiki k.

anyway, how've y'all been?

[804 words]