[𝟭𝟯𝟭] 🧸 Oᴘᴘᴏsɪᴛᴇs - 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙰𝚄 - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name

Song: "Someone New" - Hozier

requested by @ohmymlbronronheart

soulmate au in which soulmates have powers opposite to each other~

———————————

YOUR P.O.V.

There was something my parents always told me growing up. Hide your powers. People will take advantage of you. To this day I don't understand why they were insistent on that even with my closest friends.

My power of creation is among the higher tier powers in this world, and our powers are how we find our soulmates. Soulmates have opposing powers, you see, so my soulmate (wherever they are) has the power of destruction. A lot of the time I wonder whether or not they have been told to hide their powers like I have.

C/N'S P.O.V.

There was something my parents always told me growing up. Hide your powers. They look bad for our brand. My father is a famous fashion designer, and prioritises his success over anything else, so didn't hesitate with making sure my destruction powers were hidden from the world. According to him, there are too many negative 'villainous' associations with destruction, which I partially get, but I could never understand why he put his reputation before my mental well-being.

I just hope I can still find my soulmate with my powers being hidden at all times.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

It was a cloudy Thursday morning when Y/N found her best friend, B/N, crying in the art rooms. She hadn't been able to find her, so figured she was in the place she always went to when she was sad at school. And she was right. B/N was bawling her eyes out in the corner of a canvas-decorated and paint-splattered room.

Turns out she had lost an incredibly valuable necklace of hers: a ruby-jewelled gold necklace that her mother gave her on her deathbed. B/N was incredibly distraught, and the tugs of sympathy on Y/N's heart made her make a decision that deliberately disobeyed her parents. "Draw it for me."

"Huh?"

"Draw it, B/N, I think I can help."

Through sobs and blurry vision, B/N sketched out and coloured the necklace with her awe-inspiring art skills. Y/N took the sheet of paper off her and closed her eyes, allowing a silver-white glow to emit off her palms and on to the paper. From the light emerged a solid gold ruby-encrusted necklace identical to the drawing, and thus original. Picking up the jewellery with a shocked expression, B/N looked up at Y/N.

"This is your power? Creation?"

Y/N nodded.

"Thank- thank you so much- it's a perfect copy- it'll never feel the same as the original... but- but- thank you..."

"It's the least I could do."

"Why didn't you tell me about your power?"

"My parents told me to never tell anyone," Y/N said quietly, "I wanted to tell you- I really did..."

B/N sniffed and smiled.

"They think people will take advantage of me- but I know you won't."

The rustling of papers in the background made them snap their heads towards the doorway, but there was no sight of anyone. They brushed it off and hugged each other, before leaving to go to class.

Y/N entered into biology, in which she took her seat at the front of class after smiling at the teacher. She didn't notice the pair of eyes glued on to her, as she was too busy setting up her workspace for the lesson. Maybe if she had noticed the nationally famous boy sat at the back of class with his gaze pinned on her, she wouldn't have been as surprised when he dragged her away from her friend group at break and to the courtyard.

"What do you want, C/N?"

"I need to show you something."

"Show me what?"

"Have you got a- uh- piece of paper?"

She pursed her lips, "Yeah, hang on-" she pulled the drawing of the necklace from earlier out her pocket, "-will this do? What do you need it for?"

"Yeah this is good." He took the paper from her hand, and, closing his eyes let a dark gloomy light shine from his fingertips. The paper dissipated into tiny dust-like particles and drifted away with the breeze, leaving his hand completely empty.

Y/N stared in shock, suddenly remembering the movement she and B/N had heard in the art room that very morning. "You saw me this morning, didn't you?"

"Yeah- and I know I shouldn't have been spying- but it wasn't intentional! I don't know why I stayed- but I'm glad I did- 'caus, well, I found you..."

"I can't believe we've been going to school together for a couple years and not realised we're soulmates."

"Yeah- I mean- I heard what you said about your parents being scared people will take advantage of you... I won't, by the way."

She grinned, stepping into his arms and embracing his warmth, "I know."

C/N squeezed her tightly.

"Why do you hide your powers?- if you don't mind me asking..."

He released a sigh, "My dad thinks they would be bad for his reputation."

"Oh... and how do you feel about that?"

"Kinda shit to be honest."

"You don't- you don't ever have to hide them around me."

"Thanks... same to you."

An awkward silence settled in the air as they separated.

"Do you... uh... wanna come over to mine after school?" C/N asked.

"Yeah, that'd- that'd be nice."

"Great. Meet me here after last period."

"It's a date."

————————————

someone in one of my classes got covid so now i have to isolate for 10 days (i took a test, i don't have covid myself)

means i'm missing second week of exams tho so...

but i think i'll have to catch up afterwards

[989 words]