[𝟮𝟳] ⚠️ Aʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ Mᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ

Y/N - your name
L/N - your last name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Boys Like You" - dodie

just pretend you have a twin sister lmao

⚠️smidgen of angst⚠️

———————

Y/N L/N was a part of an incredibly wealthy family, as a result of the amazingly successful million-pound company that their bloodline had owned for decades. The current owner's two daughters were coming of age, and so he was in the process of arranging marriages for them. Only the finest families were worthy of reproducing with his blood.

Y/N and Phyllis were twins; Phyllis was the oldest by a few minutes. In their parents eyes, she was the angel child and could do absolutely no wrong. She was considered the gorgeous one, despite the fact both daughters were identical. Identical, apart from the birthmark on Y/N's left wrist.

Phyllis had an arranged marriage, and it was due to happen that day. The man in question was C/N of a fellow successful (albeit, newer) company. He was incredibly handsome, funny and sweet, and Y/N had been infatuated with him since day one. This would be one of the most painful days of her life, having to watch her twin sister marry the man she was irrevocably in love with.

Or so she thought... You see, Phyllis was a good sister; she was aware of the fact she was treated better than Y/N was. She always tried her best to make up for it in anyway possible, despite the fact Y/N told her repetitively it wasn't her fault. Most of the time, the sisters told each other absolutely everything as their parents were very traditional and frowned upon having too much of a relationship with their offspring. Y/N and Phyllis were best friends and each other's life support.

So, that's why Phyllis pulled Y/N into her bedroom after kicking out the stylists for a few minutes. Y/N was immediately confused as she broke down in tears. Had she found out that she hadn't told her about her feelings for C/N? Was she upset about it?

"Y/N..." Phyllis sobbed uncontrollably, "I... I can't do this..."

"Look, if this is about my feelings for C/N, I'm sorry. Don't let me get in the way of your marriage," Y/N instantly spoke, relieved to have the weight off her shoulders.

Phyllis shook her head, increasing her sister's confusion, "I didn't know... you had... feelings for him," she sniffed, "It does make what I'm going to ask easier."

"What is it, Phyl?" she rubbed her head soothingly.

"Y/N... I'm... I think I'm..." Phyllis stumbled nervously, before composing herself and saying, "I think I'm gay."

Mouth dropping open, not out of anything rude but quite simply shock, Y/N gulped and said, "Okay... what did you want to ask me?" She already had a faint idea where this was going.

"You're straight, right?"

"Well... I don't know about that, but I am attracted to men, yes..." Y/N replied.

"Can you marry C/N in my place?"

Y/N stepped back a bit, the cogs in her mind turning rushedly, "But... But the name would still be you... it would count as your marriage... this is practically fraud, Phyl..." she rambled, "It's not that I don't want to..."

"I'll take care of the names. The clergy reads from a book... I'll just tell him there's been a name mix up..." Phyllis said, a desperate pleading look in her eyes, "When the wedding's actually taking place, I doubt anyone will do anything because it's still joining the families..."

"I don't know, Phyl..." she bowed her head, "This could be really embarrassing for me..."

"But you love C/N, right?"

Y/N nodded feebly, before sighing and saying through gritted teeth, "Fine. I'll do it."

Attacking her in a huge death inducing hug, Phyllis started muttering countless thank yous to Y/N. She then stepped back, smiled, wiped her eyes and called back in the stylists, "Phyllis is here. She's ready to get dressed now."

With that, the real Phyllis left the room to go and get changed into the maid of honour outfit and then go find the clergy at the avenue. The maid of honour had to be there early anyway.

Mr and Mrs L/N were already at the event, and definitely would have recognised it was the wrong daughter there if it wasn't for the fact that all the feminine outfits had satin gloves. Phyllis knew their parents hardly knew what their separate personalities were like, so it was almost guaranteed they wouldn't notice.

Just as she arrived at the garden set-up, the time reached one hour from the wedding.

Needless to say, the nerves in two particular people were raising, and one of them wasn't the groom.

————————

hehe wait for part 2 ;)

[816 words]