[𝟭] 🧸 Cᴏᴅᴇ Rᴇᴅ

C/N - Crush's Name
Y/N - Your Name
C/F/N - Crush's Best Friend's Name
S/F - School Flirt

Song: "cliché" - mxmtoon

inspired by bluey_9

IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE TITLES:
🧸 —> fluff
⚠️ —> angst

i don't write smut :)

——
Just like any other day, I was sitting on the soft green grass of my school's lower field, with a couple of my friends sitting around me making gentle conversation. It wasn't my main focus, as in my hand was a delicious ham and lettuce sandwich which I was about to take a huge bite of. Unfortunately, nothing can ever go my way as none other than S/F showed up in front of our little group with an annoying smirk on his face.

"Looking as beautiful as always, Y/N," he said with a glint in his eyes.

"Wow, you are seriously uncreative with your pick-up lines. I've heard you use that one... what is it?... ten times now?" I retorted, putting my sandwich back in my lunchbox and standing up, "Just tell me what you want."

Ignoring my previous comment, he grinned wider and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to come over to mine and hang out after school to-"

"CODE RED! CODE RED!" I heard a deep masculine voice yell, but I didn't get to see who it belonged to as the next thing I knew I was flung over someone's shoulder in a position where I couldn't see their face. The person began running, leaving me yelling for help at my friends and S/F as some distance was created between us. I watched as two of my friends stood up and began chasing, but unfortunately they weren't as fast as the person who had kidnapped me.

Before I could think to ask the person themselves who they were, I was thrown on to someone else's shoulder. And then someone else's. By this point I had been carried across the school's open campus and on to the upper field at the opposite end. I was passed on to another person's shoulder, and thankfully this time I had enough time to see who it was. It was C/F/N, my longtime crush's best friend.

"C/F/N, care to tell me what the fuck is going on?" I flailed my arms dramatically.

"Sorry, Y/N, code red," his shoulder shrugged beneath my limp body, "We had to get you here as soon as possible."

Soon enough I'd been plopped bridal style in someone else's arms, leaving me yelling after C/F/N who was now sprinting away, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAD TO GET-"

"Y/N?" that all-too familiar voice said with an air of confusion to it, making me turn my head to see the latest captor of my poor innocent life.

"C-C/N?" my face flushed red as I realised who it was. My crush of an unfortunate two years. Oh God.

He seemed to gather I was just as confused as he was at the current situation, which just confuddled me even more.

"U-uh, do you have any idea as to why your friends yelled 'code red' and then began passing me forcefully between each other until we reached here?" I explained the situation in the simplest way possible. His eyes widened and I couldn't help but notice the tint of pink perched on his cheekbones.

"As a matter of fact, yes... yes, I do," he avoided eye contact sheepishly, "It's the code they made up for whenever someone else asks you out."

"Someone else?" my eyebrow cocked, "So who can ask me out, then?"

Smiling awkwardly, he muttered, "Me," my face went bright red as he continued, "At our last, uh, sleepover, they found out you were my crush and so made a plan to give me as much time as possible to ask you out. I thought they were joking, but, uh, apparently not. I'm guessing someone was flirting with you."

"You... you have... you have a crush on me?" that was something I never thought I'd hear in a million years, "Me?"

"Uhm, yeah..." his face met my colour, while he nervously looked away. It was only then did I remember that he was still holding me in the same bridal position.

Taking a deep breath, I whispered, "I like you too."

He turned back to me, his eyes now lit up with a gleam of light that made my insides turn to butterflies and bubbles. "Really?"

"Yeah, but aren't I too heavy for you? Don't you wanna put me down?" I gestured to myself.

"Nah, you're light and I'm incredibly strong!" he jokingly flexed; he then threw me over his shoulder, before starting to run to God knows where.

I couldn't be mad.

——————

[796 words]