[𝟮𝟴] 🧸 Aʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ Mᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ Pᴛ.2

Y/N - your name
L/N - your last name
C/N - crush's name
C/L/N - crush's last name

Song: "Boys Like You" - dodie

part 2 is here :D

————————

Standing at the end of the aisle was one of the most nerve-wracking moments Y/N had ever experienced. The audience thought she was Phyllis. She wasn't meant to be in the stupidly poofy white dress.

But, when her eyes locked on to C/N's stood in front of the clergy, all of that seemed to melt away as a blush arose to her cheekbones. Once all of this was over, the best possible outcome would be that she will be married to this gorgeous man. Those odds were good enough to take, so Y/N took a deep breath, held the bouquet of tulips tighter and began walking forward.

Her parents were either side of her with emotionless expressions: their eyes empty and cast dead ahead.

In her chest her heart was pounding rapidly, and the fact she could feel Phyllis holding up the veil from behind wasn't helping. Years passed before she reached the altar, at least that's what it felt like as her mind was thinking in slow motion. She nearly tripped as she lifted her foot to get to the next level, but thankfully she managed to compose herself before anyone noticed her fumble.

Phyllis gave her a weak smile when taking the bouquet off of her, whispering a hardly audible, "Thank you."

The second Y/N's eyes met C/N's, he knew something was off. Phyllis never blushed whenever he looked at her, she hardly reacted at all to anything he did. Almost immediately he could tell that it wasn't Phyllis, and confirmed that after observing the small exchange between the two sisters.

It eventually reached the vows, with Y/N's words on the verge of failing her. "Do you, Mr C/N C/L/N, take here, Miss Y/N L/N, to be your lawfully wedded wife till death do you part?"

Gasps and mutters sounded out throughout the family and friends of the audience, but neither set of parents spoke up despite the angered looks on their faces. "I do," C/N said to everyone's, especially Y/N's, surprise. He slipped one of the two matching rings on to her ring finger, after ungloving her hand.

"And do you, Miss Y/N L/N, take here, Mr C/N C/L/N, to be your lawfully wedded husband till death do you part?"

"I do," she stared deep into his eyes, trying her very best to ignore the continued whispers of the guests. She, too, slid the ring down one of his fingers.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride," the clergy stepped back with a nervous smile, as he had been worried for a good second he'd messed up.

C/N leant down and pressed his soft plush lips to Y/N's, cupping her cheek softly. Just as he parted he whispered to her, "I'm glad it was you."

Not everyone was.

The after party was a different story, being absolutely bombarded with angry questions from both parents. "Y/N! How dare you take Phyllis' place? This was her wedding, not yours!" her mother whisper-yelled, out of hearing reach from everyone else. C/N was stood beside her with his arm looped round her waist and a glass of champagne in hand.

"Mother!" Phyllis interrupted, stopping their father from saying anything, "Why do you blame everything on Y/N? This was my idea!"

"I do not blame everything on Y/N," the woman denied, "And, what do you mean this was your idea?"

Phyllis sighed, before announcing loudly enough for the entire room to go silent, "I'm gay! I can't marry a man!"

All of a sudden the main interest was no longer the bride switch-up, allowing C/N's parents to approach the newly-weds in peace. "While we aren't pleased about being lied to," his father started, "Our families are joined nonetheless. Welcome to the family, the new Mrs C/L/N."

The party was slow and boring, and there wasn't much opportunity for C/N and Y/N to actually talk out what happened. But once they were finally arrived at their new home, C/N picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs.

"I always kinda wanted it to be you," he muttered throwing her on their new shared bed, "You obviously actually wanted to be with me."

Giggling, Y/N pulled him down on top of her, "Well, I'm glad you don't hate me for it," and then pulled his lips down to meet hers.

Things didn't go so well for poor Phyllis, who had to deal with a homophobic rant from her parents about her sexuality. Needless to say, she ran away shortly after and became a working class citizen. The only family member she kept contact with was Y/N, but, even despite her newfound money hardships, Phyllis was happy.

C/N was happy.

Y/N was happy.

And that's all you really need.

———————

yeye bois i liked writing this ✌🏻

[866 words]