[𝟰𝟴] ⚠️ Sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ Dᴀʏs - ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕆𝔻𝕐

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "feelings are fatal" - mxmtoon

this is a rewrite of pandas-and-peaches "the beach and you"

she has done a rewrite of my "New School"

⚠️angst but ends well⚠️

italics are memories :)

———————

Thunder echoed throughout the sky's darkened grey clouds. Rain slammed against the window glass in floods. Lightning lit up the night consumed town.

A storm was brewing, and holy shit was it a big one. The weather had been temperamental for weeks now, but it didn't come down like a hurricane until that fateful Saturday night. Local weather points had put out warnings stating that venturing into the dreary outside could be a potentially fatal mistake, so everyone was house-ridden.

Y/N's parents were away on a business trip, and her boyfriend had worried about her being alone during this time. He had come over before the heart of the storm hit, making her a cup of tea instantly to try and warm her up. Something was off, and he could feel it.

The way she huddled under her duvet quilt with empty eyes. The way her heating was turned off despite the freezing temperature. The way the cup of tea she had made herself earlier was abandoned and cold on the bedside table.

Replacing the fresh cup with the old one, he sat on the end of the bed in silence. She didn't acknowledge him: she was in another world.

Just last month she had been happier than ever.

Foaming waves splashed at the pebbled beach, the sun glistening against the salty water in the bliss of midday. The cliffs behind them were tall and proud: the grassy tops littered with families and couples, dogs and flowers. Towards the back of the beach, the stones and rocks met soft golden sand. Towels and tents were set up with sunbathers and tired parents the like.

A girl was splashing at the shore with bare feet, her black leggings rolled up and boots held carelessly in one hand. Beside her was a boy, taller than her, with a glorious smile on his face. She was gazing up into his eyes, joy evident all over her features. Laughter filled the gentle breezy air, the horizon shining behind. Blue skies above and cheerful moods within.

It was the happiest he had ever seen her.

Bags had formed under her eyes since the last time he had seen her, which was only two days ago. Her expression was droopy and exhausted, yet still somehow as pretty as ever. Except, the usual sparkle in her pupils was absent, and it even seemed as if the colour of her irises had faded.

He hadn't dare flick the light on, in fear of disturbing her. She seemed adamant at not using the house's built-in appliances, but he had absolutely no clue why.

"Y/N..." he spoke softly, the atmosphere in the room too fragile to break.

All she spared him was an emotionless glance, before she pulled the blanket over her head further.

An idea popped into his head.

Pulling the blanket off of her figure with a swift force, he took in her reaction: well, absence of. She still had that same blank expression.

"You're coming with me, no buts."

It saddened him when she didn't even bother to get out of her pyjamas, and merely tugged on her walking boots with lifeless effort. He helped her put on her coat, opening the front door after grabbing his car keys.

The storm was beginning to pass, and while it was still risky to drive, C/N feared it would be riskier not to. Somehow, the entire hour-long journey was spent in an uncomfortable silence. Turning on the radio felt wrong in contrast to the thundering clouds and pounding rain. Talking to Y/N felt wrong in contrast to her glazed eyes and absent state of mind.

He helped her out of the car when they arrived; finding a parking space had been easy in the abandoned car park. Wind hit their rosy faces instantaneously, droplets damping their tousled locks.

Sun was no longer glistening against the pebbles. They were now damp and lightless, the familiar shine no longer coming from the glowing ball in the sky. Of course, the glowing ball in the sky wasn't really glowing that day. Much like Y/N, for that matter.

As they walked along the beach, a nostalgic memory flitted through his mind.

Their hands were intertwined as they strolled along the smoothed rocks, the bright sun reflecting their joyous moods. Love was in the air, and the tides respected that. Whenever a larger one got so much as close to drenching the young couple, it would collapse and only softly touch their ankles.

Y/N giggled carelessly, her loose hair stroking her cheeks as it fell wildly. The next words she said were sweet and fateful, yet also so naive and simple, "Thank you, for everything."

But now, as they hiked along the same part of the shore, their hands weren't locked in a grip. She didn't speak either, and her hair was different to how it was back then. Her wet locks were in strings, sticking to her cheeks and hanging over her saddened eyes.

Lightning flashed above them, making them pause in sync and look up at the dangerously clouded sky.

"Y/N..." he whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear, "I don't know what you're going through... and I don't expect you to talk to me... But I'm here for you, no matter what. And... and... I love you."

Her silence was expected, but what she did next was not. Before he could process it, her shivering arms were wrapped around his own cold figure. Despite her grip being weak and pathetic, C/N knew that emotionally this was her way of telling him she loved him. And, by God, was it powerful.

"Thanks..." she mumbled, looking up at him with the first emotion of the day flashing over her features. It was a small smile: small, but more than enough to confirm his plan had worked.

No matter how many stormy days they would go through, things would always turn out okay.

———————

today's fun fact about moi:~

i have hay fever during the summer months :(

[1058 words]