[𝟭𝟮𝟱] 🧸 Sᴋᴀᴛᴇᴘᴀʀᴋs

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Rly Don't Care" - chloe moriondo

my sister and i, as a joint effort, cut my hair. it actually turned out well, especially considering it was my first time doing it myself

————————————

My university has a skatepark right by it, and it's where I go everyday to eat lunch on one of the benches along the side. I go for a couple reasons: one of them being the fact I am learning to skate myself and find it helps observing techniques and whatnot. I can do the basic skating part and have pretty good control on slopes, but can't do any impressive tricks, so I'm too embarrassed to practice at a big skatepark in the middle of the day. The main reason I go, however, is because there is this one boy who is there every single day.

I don't even know his name, but I do know he's attractive and good at skating. Sure, he falls off now and then, but that just makes me admire him more. He isn't embarrassed about it, and instead gets up and carries on, laughing it off with his friends.

That nameless boy is the only reason I properly dress up every single day for university, because I want him to see who I am, if he even notices me. I'm paranoid my classmates think I'm extra, but they probably don't really care. I always push that paranoia aside, just like how I try to ignore the fact there's a good chance I'm not the boy's type. Maybe I am though, as there's always a slither of hope.

Friday lunch was the day I finally had my dreams come true, but it was rather unintentional.

He had come to the skatepark himself that day, with none of his friends, and had just begun skating round the ramps when I took a seat on my preferred bench. I watched him as discreetly as I could, knowing he would probably be too focused on the trick he was going to attempt to pay attention to any onlookers. Just as he went to grind on one of the obstacles set up, he looked up in my direction, and obviously caught sight of me looking. I guess that threw him off, because he soon tumbled to the ground, and I swore I heard a crack.

Without even thinking, I stood up and ran towards him with my bag, helping him up. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I frantically asked.

"I'd say yes, but I think I'd be lying," he said through groans, pulling on my hand to get back into a standing position.

"I- I heard a crack-"

"I think that was my wrist."

"Oh, fuck- you need to go the hospital-" I took notice of how limp his hand was, "I can- I can take you... my car's in the uni car park."

He shook his head, "You don't have to."

"D'you have a quicker way of getting there?"

He didn't have a reply.

"C'mon, I'm- I'm Y/N, by the way."

"C/N," he smiled, although it seemed somewhat forced because of the pain he was in.

I grabbed his board and led him all the way to my car, keeping an eye of the way he was gripping his wrist. We only spoke more after we had begun the short car journey to the hospital.

"Why do you always watch me?"

I felt the tips of my ears heat up. "Wh- what?"

"I've noticed."

"I- I don't know- I mean, I- I just think- you're cool and good at skateboarding- and, and stuff..."

He hummed, "Do you skate?"

I nodded, "I'm learning, not very good though... I'm too embarrassed to skate in public during the day."

C/N chuckled, but didn't say anything else.

The hospital trip felt like a fever dream, as the nurses beckoned for me to follow them throughout all the examinations. It was determined he had a fractured wrist, and was given a cast and some painkillers before we made our leave.

"I can help teach you," he said as we walked back out to my car.

"Huh?"

"To skate."

My eyes lit up, "Really?"

"Yeah, uh... it could be some sort of date."

By that point I was beaming, "It could?"

He bobbed his head, "There's a reason I never changed what time I skated, you know."

"Me?" I pointed to myself stupidly.

"Yeah, you," he laughed, "You're really pretty, and I think you have good fashion sense... plus, I now know you're kind too..."

"Thanks- I'd love it if you- if you helped teach me..."

C/N smiled, "Great, can I have your number?"

"Yeah, as long as you let me drive you home without complaint," I said, pulling out my phone.

"Fine."

He gave me his address, and it wasn't long before we reached his house. I got out to properly say goodbye to him.

"Well, I'll see you soon, I gue-"

"Tomorrow?" he said hopefully, "I'm free tomorrow."

"Yeah- that, uh, that sounds good..."

"Great," he kissed me on the cheek, taking me by surprise, "Thank you, Y/N."

I touched where he kissed softly, "You're- you're welcome, C/N."

"See ya."

As he went inside, I checked my phone to see what he'd saved his contact as.

He had saved it as 'My Sk8er Boi'.

————————————

well! and that's a wrap!

today's fun fact about moi:~

i'm getting more piercings next week :)

[936 words]