[𝟳𝟯] 🧸 Dᴇɴᴛɪsᴛ Aᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Manta Rays" - chloe moriondo

inspired by pandas-and-peaches

——————

C/N found himself sat patiently in the waiting room of his local dentist, the familiar dentistry smell wafting up his nose as the awkward atmosphere reached breaking point. He was a bit young to be there on his own, and he was sure at least a couple people were glancing curiously at him. He wasn't there for his own dental needs, but instead his longtime crush's. Y/N's mother had signed her in, but had to leave early to run some errands.

She had called C/N up to drive Y/N home after getting her wisdom teeth removed, as he was an old family friend and one of the only available options at such short notice. He was seventeen, and so had recently passed his driving test and been granted a car. Honestly, he was surprised that Y/N's mother trusted him with such a task.

One of the dentistry room doors swung open, to reveal a person dressed in turquoise with a mask over their face. Behind them stood a wobbling Y/N, ice packs strapped to both her cheeks and a sedated look playing across her eyes. She caught sight of C/N and what had to be the emotion of happiness lit up her features. "C/N~!" she giggled joyfully, stumbling forward in an attempt to get to him.

He quickly stood up and caught her, preventing any minor accidents from happening. While the dentist gave C/N advise on how to take care of her, Y/N kept trying to jump up into his arms. He said his thanks to the dentist, before hooking his arm around Y/N's waist to support her in the walk to the car.

"I'm happy you're here~," she said in a childlike tone, "And not my mean mean mummy~."

C/N smiled, lifting her up slightly to get her down the front steps safely. He managed to get her strapped into the passenger seat of his car without too much hassle, and just to be on the safe side put the child lock on.

"You smell good~," she giggled again, just before he shut the door.

"Uh, thanks..." he replied with a chuckle.

For a couple minutes Y/N remained mostly silent, gazing out the window excitedly and getting stroppy over the fact she couldn't open it. She let out a huge sigh after a while, slipping down in her seat dejectedly.

"What is it, Y/N?" C/N asked.

"Mummy keeps saying we're like brother and sister, but I don't wanna be like brother and sister!" she whined, "I don't wanna be friends either."

C/N's heart sank a little, "What do you wanna be then?"

"I wanna be... I wanna be... in love..." she said, flailing her hands around, "Y'know... like, uh, mummies and daddies are... Kissy love..."

"Kissy love?" needless to say, C/N wanted to pry further.

"Where we kiss... not on cheeks like mummy does... but on the lips... Where you- you... tell me you love me and I say it back..."

C/N's eyes were widened, "Rea-"

Y/N interrupted and continued, "But not like family love... or friend love... kissy love!"

A smile was alight on his face after hearing her impromptu and childish confession. He certainly had not expected to have Y/N admit she loved him while high when waking up that morning. It was definitely a welcome surprise, though.

"But you don't love me so..." she sighed, crossing her arms in a stroppy toddler-like manner.

"Y/N," he said, while she looked out the window with a pouty face, "I love you."

Y/N spun to him suddenly with wide eyes, "Like, kissy love?"

He smiled softly, "Yes, kissy love."

By the time he got her back to her home, Y/N was smiling so wide he was sure she would be in absolute agony when the drugs wore off, and not just because of the surgery. C/N helped her up the stairs and into her bed, with her still grinning up at him. He went to leave to fetch her some fresh ice packs from the freezer, but felt her hand grab clumsily on to his arm.

"No! Don't go!" she cried, already on the verge of tears.

"Relax, baby, I'm just going to get some more ice packs. I'll be back in a minute."

"Promise?" she pouted.

When he came back upstairs, Y/N was out cold with her eyes tightly shut. He grinned at her, replacing the ice packs on her cheeks and climbing in as well. In her sleepy state, she subconsciously cuddled up to his side.

"I lub you..." she murmured, nuzzling her head into his chest.

"I love you too..." he said quietly in reply, pressing a kiss to her head and closing his own eyes.

There would definitely be a lot to talk about when she was sober.

——————

ya girl needs requests ✌️😗

today's fun fact about moi:~

i've never had a cavity

[853 words]