[𝟴𝟳] 🧸 Nɪᴄᴇ Tᴏ Mᴇᴇᴛ Yᴏᴜ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name

Song: "With A Little Help From My Friends" - Wallows

my crush is so sweet it makes my heart literally uwu

we text every fucking day and it is just absolutely *chef's kiss* incredible

———————

"Y/N, do you mind heading out for a bit? I'm holding a coffee morning," my mother called from downstairs. I sighed, switching off my phone and sitting up in bed.

"Okay, mum!" I yelled back, immediately moving to get changed out of my pyjamas. Picking up my phone again, I messaged my best friend, B/N.

« Can I come over? Mum wants me out of the house »

« Sure » she replied almost instantly, « My family friend is staying over tho. Dw he's our age »

« Kk thanks »

Bringing my fingers through my freshly washed hair, I left my bedroom to slide down the stairway banister to get downstairs. I had soon pulled on some converse of mine, collecting my skateboard from the hallway cupboard before yelling, "Bye!" to my mother and leaving the house with my keys in my pocket.

Having skateboarded to B/N's house which was only a couple streets away, I left my board on the porch step and knocked twice on the door. She soon answered, grinning at me as she left space for me to enter. "Heyo," she said.

"What's up, B/N?" I replied, not really meaning it as a question. She picked up on that, and led me through to the living room after I had removed my shoes.

A boy, about my age, was sat on the sofa in what appeared to be pyjamas of a grey shirt, and grey and red plaid pyjama bottoms. He smiled at me, his hair falling slightly over his eyes as he did so. "Y/N, this is C/N, a family friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you," he said, his husky voice making my heart melt.

I found myself frozen in position, completely stunned by how attractive he was as a person. B/N's expression told me she had figured out the whirlwind inside of my head, as her lips were stretched into a cheeky grin. "C/N lives in the next town over, but his area goes into our neighbour secondary school," she said, breaking the silence, "His parents are away for the weekend so he's staying here."

"Hi..." I finally managed to say, pathetically waving with my hand.

I watched as he stood up and walked over to us loitering in the lounge doorway, revealing that he was about a head taller than me. His hand met my hair and I felt him ruffle it, "B/N, you didn't tell me your friend was adorable."

My eyes widened at that, heat rushing to my cheeks as I stared up at C/N's amused expression. "Where's the fun in that?" B/N smiled, "There'd be no surprise otherwise."

"I suppose," he replied.

"Anyway, who wants hot chocolate? I'll make some," she winked at me, signalling she was only doing that to give C/N and I some alone time.

When she was out of the room, he sat back down on the sofa, looking at me still standing in the doorway like a right melon, "Do you want permission to sit down, Y/N?"

As if on instinct, my body quickly moved to sit down on the sofa opposite him at his 'command', my mind still struggling to comprehend what was happening.

I saw some sort of unrecognisable emotion flash over his eyes, and the look he gave me felt as if he was analysing my figure. "Are you dating anyone?" The bluntness of his question shocked me to my core. Mr Confident.

"N-No..." I mumbled, staring down at my lap awkwardly.

"Good," he hummed. In a normal situation, I would have been offended, but I could tell he didn't mean it in a rude way.

B/N entered the room again, holding a mug in each hand. She handed one to each of us, whispering, "He's cute, isn't he?" to me before leaving the room again to collect her own.

"I can't believe B/N hasn't introduced me to you before," he said once she had left, "Must make up for lost time... can I have your number?"

Nodding, I pulled out my phone and swapped it for his, typing my number into a new contact and naming it « Y/N :) ». When I got mine back, I saw he had saved himself as « C/N ;) ». B/N soon came back into the room with her own mug, sitting next to me on my sofa.

"So, you guys arranged a date yet?" God fucking damn it, B/N. Why are you like this?

"Not yet," C/N smirked, which made my whole body go stiff once more. He wanted to go on a date? At least, he seemed to be implying that.

"Well, hurry up," B/N said, "You two are perfect for each other." She glanced between C/N and mine's faces, before grinning cheekily and saying, "All of a sudden I need to use the toilet."

When she was out of the room, leaving me flustered and C/N smirking with an amused glint in his eye, he said "Are you free tomorrow?" Okay, that was more sudden than I had anticipated.

"...Yes..."

"Great, do you wanna go for lunch?" he asked, "Without B/N, that is. I doubt she'd want to be a third wheel."

"Like... a date?"

"Duh," he rolled his eyes, "So, what's your answer?"

Gulping, I forced myself to meet his gaze as I muttered, "Okay... I'd like that a lot..."

"I'll text you then," he smiled, getting up and exiting the room, leaving my thoughts a confused and excited mess.

Holy mother of shit.

———————

school can honestly suck my fucking ass.

today's fun fact about moi:~

my GCSE options are psychology, media, history, french, and statistics, other than core subjects ofc

[1003 words]