[𝟭𝟰𝟭] ⚠️ Rᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "deja vu" - Olivia Rodrigo

requested by @1-800-Tammy

no particular warnings just doesn't go well for neither y/n nor c/n

———————————

« Car rides to Malibu
Strawberry ice cream, one spoon for two »

Our trio is complicated to say the least.

I have a crush on C/N.

C/N has a crush on Millie.

Millie is a lesbian.

That's just the surface, too; I am the only person Millie has told about her sexuality, and also the only person C/N has told about his crush. Honestly, I don't even know what to do with the position I'm in.

« And trading jackets
Laughing 'bout how small it looks on you »

It's getting painful. I always noticed C/N's flirting with the oblivious Millie before, but now I know for a fact he likes her it seems even more in-my-face. So, when he came to me after school asking for advice on how he should confess to Millie, I found myself in a sticky situation.

« Watching re-runs of Glee
Being annoying
Singing in harmony »

I can't out Millie to C/N, she will tell him when she's ready. But how can I not give him a reason for saying there's no way she likes him back? It's too harsh to just say "there's no way she likes you back" without explanation.

Yet I feel like I have to, because the aftermath of him telling her could be so much worse than the temporary ego crush of my harsh words.

« I bet she's bragging to all her friends
Saying you're so unique, hm »

And so that's exactly what I say, standing outside the school gates in the pouring rain.

"There's no way she likes you back - sorry, you're just not her type, C/N. You shouldn't ask her out."

"I really appreciate your support," he spat at me, "I'm doing this regardless of whether or not you help, because I think there's a genuine chance she likes me."

All I could do was watch as he stormed off.

« So when you gonna tell her
That we did that too? »

I knew both of them before they knew each other; in fact, I'm the reason they met, as C/N is my neighbour and I went to nursery with Millie. I had a crush on C/N before he even knew who Millie was. Before he met her, it felt like he somewhat reciprocated my feelings, but afterwards that feeling stopped altogether. I even now have proof from the man himself my feelings are one-sided.

« She thinks it's special
But it's all reused »

With sadness pooling inside of me, I take the bus home and allow myself to curl up in my room in tears after drying up. C/N would normally be on the bus, but I guess he went to Millie's, since she's homeschooled and only a short walk away from the school C/N and I attend.

I'm not mad at Millie: she's been there for me through everything and I could never hate her. She trusted me with her sexuality before anyone else, for fuck's sake. She truly is incredible, and I understand why C/N likes her; it's a shame he's about to have his heart broken, much like me.

« That was our place, I found it first
I made the jokes you tell to her when she's with you »

Sometimes I wonder if he gets déjà vu with Millie, like when he took her to that cute little cafe while I was on holiday. I took him to that cafe before I'd introduced them to each other. Sure, it was probably an innocent move, but I still wonder.