[𝟮𝟱] 🧸 Eᴜᴘʜᴏʀɪᴀ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Cloud 9" - Beach Bunny

"gshekxkwoejdbrjr"
- liablueheart 2020

———————

Being with him sent her to cloud nine within an instant. Being with her sent him to cloud nine within an instant.

They had been dating for three years, and the feeling still hadn't faded in the slightest. Everything about his aura enraptured Y/N and made her want to spend her entire life holding on to him with an unwavering grip. His perfect eyes always gazed at her with such love and sincerity. His gorgeous fluffy hair always tickled against her neck when they slept.

C/N also loved everything about her. The way her hair was always so soft and shiny, occasionally falling over one of her glittering eyes. The blush that rose to her features whenever he complimented her, which was all the time because he wanted to make her understand just how incredible she was.

Today was the day.

He was going to propose to her.

Everything was set up as perfectly as he could have possibly imagined; it was all ready. C/N knew she wouldn't want other people around, and he also knew she wouldn't want a lengthy and cheesy speech. She had never been a very vocal person about emotion and found it hard to handle a lot of the time. All of that had been taken into consideration when he planned the event. The date he had chosen wasn't necessarily special: but it would be if she said yes.

The place he had chosen was the back garden, as he knew she'd want somewhere close to home. Water lilies had been set afloat in the pond on lily pads, as well as tulip petals sprinkled over the grass. Tulips were her favourite. It was kind of a lie about the date not being special, it was the full moon that night. He knew for a fact Y/N loved it when the silver moon shone in all its glory among the twinkling stars. She had always preferred night.

Right now Y/N was sleeping, unaware that he had left the bed to prepare. Despite knowing that she loved sleep more than anything, C/N hoped that she would forgive him after she found out why her disturbed her.

Gently shaking her awake, her pretty eyes fluttered open and her eyebrows frowned. An adorable yawn escaped her mouth before she said a lazy but angry, "What?"

He muttered the one word, "Come," before pulling on her wrist to get her to stand up. Too tired to object, Y/N let herself be pulled downstairs with her eyes half open and her thoughts halfway into dreamworld. Passing through the kitchen, she noticed the unmistakable smell of slow-cooked ribs. Her eyes shot open.

"You cooked me ribs? At 1am?" she said, "Is this some kind of beautiful dream?"

"Well... they're for afterward..." he replied, "Come outside. It's a full moon."

"Afterward?" Y/N asked, unfortunately she didn't get a verbal answer. Her confusion only increased when she saw the flower arrangement at the bottom of the garden.

C/N positioned her in the centre of the tulip petals and took a deep breath, reaching into his jogger pocket, "I know you hate cheesy romantic things. And I know you hate fancy restaurants. I also know you hate people and hate being around them."

"Where is this going...?" she crossed her arms, "I want ribs."

"Bear with me, baby," he sighed, "One final thing I know you hate is long speeches about how much I love you. You know I do, and that's all you need."

"Hypocrite," she muttered, "Get to the point."

Breathing the deepest breath he'd ever taken in his life, C/N pulled his hand out of his pocket holding a small black velvet box. Y/N's breath instantly hitched and she fully woke up realising what was happening. "Y/N L/N, will you be my wife?"

He didn't kneel down, and she appreciated that. For some reason whenever someone did that to propose she found it really awkward. Getting over her initial shock, Y/N whispered an only just audible, "Of course..."

Grinning uncontrollably, C/N pushed the white gold ring with three blue sapphire gems on to her left ring finger. Of course it fit, he'd measured her finger in her sleep. He hugged her tighter than he'd ever hugged her before, parting just enough so he could peck her lips and smile down at her.

She smiled back, and remained silent for several seconds. But then she muttered, "Took you long enough."

"Hey! It's pressuring!" he surrendered jokingly, "I had to live with the stress of you saying no!"

Rolling her eyes playfully, Y/N giggled and said, "Anyway, come on! I want ribs..."

Being with her was euphoric, even when she said things like that. But, in all fairness, ribs were always a priority.

———————

oof i'm tired

[828 words]