[𝟭𝟬𝟮] ⚠️ Tᴜᴛᴏʀ Mᴇ Pᴛ.2 - 𝙷𝚊𝚒𝚔𝚢𝚞𝚞 𝙰𝚄

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "E-GIRLS ARE RUINING MY LIFE!" - CORPSE & Savage Ga$p

i didn't actually say i was doing a part 2 but idk the lack of satisfying ending in the first part should have been a hint 👀

⚠️warning is just basically parents who r kinda verbally abusive about grades,, just put warning in case that triggers u⚠️

———————

C/N walked out of the exit without acknowledging me when practice ended, but I got the feeling he was expecting me to follow him. So, with a small huff of being fed-up, I quickened my pace to keep up with the boy, my eyebrows furrowed as I was about to snap at him for running off. Unfortunately, he beat me to it, "How much tutoring do you need?"

"Uh- I- the entirety of the last chapter we covered..."

His gaze shifted to glance at me, "You need that much help? You're the smartest girl in our year."

I couldn't tell if that was a compliment or an insult. "Thanks? But, yeah... uh... things have been difficult at home..."

"In what way?"

"That's none of your business," I snapped, "Look, forget I asked-"

"Fine."

"Huh?"

"I'll tutor you," he said with a sigh, "But we're doing it at my house, not yours."

My eyes lit up, "Thank you! When can you start?"

"Now," C/N shrugged, "The sooner we start, the sooner it's over."

"You didn't have to agree with it..." I mumbled.

"What was that, missy?"

***

C/N tutored me for two weeks before Mr Nero made me retake the test, and, if you are wondering, I scored eighty-nine percent. A good pass. Of course, I wanted to thank him for helping me, despite how rudely he told me I had fucked up or how blunt he was about what to do and not during the tutor sessions. Evidently, his method had been effective, but that didn't change the way my parents reacted.

"This isn't an A, is it, Y/N?" my father spat, the crumpled test clutched in his tight fist. I shook my head, looking down at the floor. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."

"A B?" my mother said, her arms crossed, "That's pathetic. Not only did you fail it once, but the second time you took it, you didn't even get a decent score. This hardly counts as a passing grade."

"It's a B, mum," I muttered, "It's the second highest grade you can get."

"Anything lower than highest isn't good enough."

I sighed inwardly. I needed to get out the house, and since I also wanted to tell C/N about how I did, I decided I would call him to see if he wanted to meet up. Snow was falling outside, so when I eventually got past my parents I made sure to wrap myself tightly in a coat, hat, scarf and mittens. Plus snow boots, to avoid slipping.

Surprisingly, C/N agreed without too much persuasion, so we met up in the nearby park. When I got there, he was already sat on one of the benches with his headphones blasting music on to his eardrums. Upon noticing me, he pulled them down to his neck, raising an eyebrow at me as he said, "Invite me to hang out and don't even show up on time?"

All I could do was let my expression sink. It had taken longer to get my parents to leave me alone than I had anticipated. "Sorry," I said, moving to sit down next to him.

C/N noticed how withdrawn I was, but didn't say anything on the matter, instead saying, "I heard you got your test results back. What did you get?"

"Eighty-nine percent."

"Oka-"

"It's not good enough," I said dejectedly. C/N took a good look at me, analysing my downcast eyes and shrunken frame.

"What? It's a huge improvement from your last score."

"I could've done better," I whispered, my voice cracking. Even thinking about the topic was difficult. I had thought- no, hoped- the feeling of failure would disappear when I was with C/N.

"Are those your words... or somebody else's?" he said slowly and carefully, questioning whether or not it was an appropriate thing to ask.

I frowned at him, "What do you mean?"

"Is that something an influence put in your mouth, or your own informed opinion?" he rephrased.

"Mi- mi.... my parents."

"Who cares what they think?"

"I don't like being yelled at."

THIRD PERSON'S POV

C/N was a little taken aback. He knew she had said there were things going on at home that had caused her grades to drop drastically, but he hadn't realised it involved Y/N being on the end of verbal abuse. "I..." he trailed off, but eventually continued, "I think... you did really well."

YOUR POV

"Thanks, C/N," my eyes crinkled at the corners, "But that doesn't change what my parents think."

"Why do you value their opinion?"

I went to answer, but stopped. Why did I value their opinion? I knew that they shouldn't yell at me like they do, but I had never really stopped to think about if I should or shouldn't listen to what they say. "I don't... I don't know."

"Baka," he muttered.

"C/N..." I said.

"What?"

"I like you."

It appeared my words actually had some sort of shock effect on him.

"I've realised that since you began tutoring me."

"What? Do you fall for everyone you spend time with?"

"No." I sighed. I had known there was a big chance he didn't return my feelings.

"I like you too, idiot," C/N mumbled, his cheeks dusted blue from what could just be the cold temperature, but I hoped was me.

I looked at him in surprise, pondering my next words for a few seconds, "So... what do we do now?"

"I don't know." C/N didn't know something? That was new.

"How about we- uh- go get coffee? I need something hot to warm me up."

"Yeah, okay."

————————

have had SOME people tell me they don't like tsukki -_-

anyway i'm glad my parents don't care about getting good grades, i'm sorry if urs do :(

[1045 words]