[𝟲𝟭] 🧸 Pɪɴᴋɪᴇ Pʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ Pᴛ.2 - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
R/B - resident bitch
C/B/N - crush's best friend's name

Song: "Coffee" - beabadoobee

part two was requested by @inroom2

—————

C/N had sent Y/N ahead to get a table while he paid for the food, and admittedly she found it a little awkward as she was a relatively timid person. Gratefully a round table was available in a corner, six chairs set up around it. Y/N took a seat by the wall, flicking her eyes between the room full of noisy students and praying none of them would try to take the table. It wasn't that she couldn't defend herself, it was just some of the students were much bigger than her and quite intimidating.

R/B was one of them, as she was much taller than Y/N, and also in a much higher position of power due to her popularity status. Getting on her bad side could potentially ruin the remainder of Y/N's secondary school life. She had no one to defend her other than herself.

Of course, R/B just had to approach the table. Evidently, there were no more vacant tables, and she had decided that Y/N was an ideal victim to kick off. She was alone after all. Although Y/N wasn't necessarily unpopular, she was in the middle class of students that no one particularly cared for. R/B still looked down on the middle class, because she was in the "higher" class and not a particularly nice person.

"Y/N, I want this table, kindly move your ass," she spoke, her tone sickening and mocking.

Initial surprise ensued as Y/N hadn't realised that one of the most popular girls in school knew her name. Her lack of response seemed to anger R/B.

"I said move, Y/N," her voice was sterner this time, "I want this table."

She slammed her lunch tray down, her perfectly manicured nails being the only thing Y/N could focus on as she racked her brain for words. Another slam came down on the table, right beside her, making her wince slightly. The hands she recognised as belonging to C/N, as they were now quite familiar to her as a result of the medical care she had given them. Plasters were still wrapped around a couple of the fingers.

"This is our table, R/B," C/N said in his usual threatening voice, "Y/N was here first."

"Oh- uh- right, C/N, sorry..." she mumbled, immediately picking up her tray and scuttling off into the distance.

C/N sat down beside Y/N, turning to her and asking the sincere question of, "You okay?"

Nodding, she said a quiet, "Thanks," as she took her food off of the tray. C/N began eating his hot noodles with cheap plastic chopsticks, while Y/N took a bite of her chicken and lettuce sandwich.

Before another word could be spoken, the movement of chairs and the sound of the exchange of banter surrounded the table. Upon looking up, Y/N could see C/B/N and the rest of C/N's friends taking a seat and throwing their trays down. "What's this pretty girl doin' sat with us?" C/B/N said nonchalantly, plopping down by the "pretty girl" herself.

"I invited her," C/N said harshly.

Conversation soon moved on, and as the other boys got distracted and left Y/N alone, C/N took a few noodles between his chopsticks. He held them up to her, smiling softly as she blushed and took the food in between her lips. "Thank you," she said after swallowing, "But you didn't have to."

"I wanted to," he replied, "These noodles are good and I wanted you to experience that."

Y/N couldn't say much more, as C/B/N interrupted with the sentence, "So I heard you got into another fight, C/N..."

Another of his friends added, "Who was it this time?"

"[Random boy that nobody likes]," C/N shrugged, "I mean, I won, and Y/N patched up my bleeding hands."

The groups' eyes all flitted to her embarrassed self, confusion clearly etched on to each of their faces. Until C/B/N's face appeared to dawn in realisation, "Oh~! Are you his girlfriend?"

"I-"

Y/N was cut off by another of the boys saying, "Because I'd be sad if you weren't availa-"

C/N quickly said, "Yes, she's my girlfriend," before his friend could finish.

It was probable that C/N said that to prevent his friends potentially flirting with her, so she mildly appreciated the statement despite the shock it gave her at first. The red face after-effect wasn't so great, and neither was the subsequent coughing fit. But in the long term it was probably a good thing.

"Since when?"

That question was what sent Y/N into a flustered panic. How would C/N explain this one?

"A couple weeks," he said, "Kept it very private until now."

"How did he ask you out?" C/B/N asked her quite bluntly.

"She's shy," C/N (gratefully) spoke, "Give her some space."

The relationship lie was only the beginning: because in short time it ceased to be a mere lie, and became something much more real.

——————

i'm bingeing buzzfeed unsolved: supernatural, and let me tell u do NOT do it at night when u live in a 200 year old house

today's fun fact about moi:~

i have a weird crush on Shane Madej, altho he isn't my main celebrity crush

[936 words]