[𝟭𝟳] 🧸 Exɪsᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟ Cʀɪsɪs - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Island Song" - Ashley Eriksson

Request by @its-harper-williams :D

Btw the age of consent where I am is 16, for context. (still no smut)

——————

Today is a very exciting day, because my parents are out and they have finally allowed my boyfriend, C/N, and I to have a sleepover. They have never allowed us before, even though we are both seventeen and at the age of consent. C/N is coming over in a couple hours and so I have set up my bed with the best snacks and movies for us to watch.

As the time ticked to 7pm, I finished fluffing up a pillow as a sharp knock sounded on the door making me smile to myself. I padded downstairs somewhat quickly and opened the door with the brightest grin on my face. There, standing in all his glory, was C/N. He immediately darted forward and pecked my lips, while his hand ruffled my hair. "Good evening, princess."

"Hiya!" I said, my cheeks warm and rosy, "Come upstairs..." Grabbing his hand softly, I pulled him to the next floor.

We snuggled down under the covers, where we watched many movies and ate much sweets, popcorn and crisps. The room soon became dark and I couldn't really make out his handsome features anymore, but I could still feel his glowing presence beside me. I shut off the third film as the credits rolled on, leaving the room the epitome of shadows.

"C/N..." I muttered after a couple minutes of silence, "Do you ever think about how... I don't know... crazy it is that we exist?"

"What d'you mean?" he replied.

Huffing, I slipped further down into the sheets, "Well... even if God does exist... it's just so crazy that the universe is here... ya know?"

"You're overthinking it too much," I felt a flick on my head, "You'll just make your head hurt."

"How in hell do we exist? There's just no logical explanation!"

A chuckle resounded from my counterpart.

"Seriously, though!" I exclaimed, "I don't see how we can possibly exist... Not even to mention the fact we're almost definitely not the only inhabited planet in the galaxy."

"What makes you think of this all of a sudden?" C/N pecked my temple gently, "Is it because it's night?"

I shrugged, which, although C/N couldn't see, could feel, "I dunno... probably. But the entire existence of life just blows my mind!"

"Kind of makes you understand why religion is a thing..." he pondered.

"S'pose. But seriously, either the universe wasn't always here and it somehow popped in to existence, or was always there. Both ways are mind-boggling..."

"Do you overthink other things as well?"

"Sometimes..."

"Do you overthink our relationship, too?"

"...Yeah."

C/N audibly sighed as I felt his warm hand rub my waist, "What do you think about?" His voice cracked.

"Sometimes... only sometimes... okay, a lot of the time, I think... that you might possibly... suddenly stop liking me..."

"Y/N... I would never..." he said with a sad tone.

I cut him off, saying, "Don't make promises you can't keep! Who knows where life will take us?"

"Well, then..." his voice held a certain clarity, "Here's one I can keep... I will love you for as long as I can, and if... if... there comes a time where we do have to break up, I'll make sure we stay on good terms."

"You mean it?" I sobbed, my late night emotions getting the best of me, "I know I can be a bit insecure and needy..."

"I don't mind," he said softly, "Even though you have no reason to be insecure."

I giggled quietly at that, as C/N pulled me into his chest, "I love you, C/N."

"I love you too, princess," he closed his eyes, "And I will keep that promise no matter what."

Smiling against his gorgeous-smelling top, I said almost-silently, "And I'll keep the promise too."

—————

I haven't proofread this but I hope it meets the request :)

- edited slightly

[689 words]