[𝟳𝟳] ⚠️ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Isɴ'ᴛ Rɪɢʜᴛ - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
S/N - sibling's name

Song: "Hello, Anxiety" - Phum Viphurit

⚠️warning! self harm and depression⚠️

request by @crankgames

———————

Dealing with parents on the verge of divorce wasn't easy: but when it meant that they weren't parenting like they should, it was even worse. Especially when you were the older sibling, like Y/N, and had to step in to make sure the younger one stayed alive and healthy. Making meals, completing chores, putting S/N to bed, getting S/N to school... that was way too much pressure for a teenager.

Y/N knew that, but she still found herself making a sandwich for S/N's lunch before school one morning. Like usual, her father had been off at another woman's house. He didn't even try to hide it anymore, and sometimes wouldn't return for days at a time. When he did, he would argue constantly with her mother without fail. Y/N wasn't sure if that was worse than him being away or not.

As for Y/N's mother, well, she had fallen to alcohol to relieve her state of mind. It was a pain in the ass having to deal with her passed out on the sofa constantly, carrying her to bed when nighttime came around. Money was definitely dwindling, so they had been forced to move to a council house. It was small, and hard to breathe comfortably in.

C/N, Y/N's best friend, had noticed that her health was decreasing rapidly. Her eyes always had a tired sunken look, her cheeks were hollower and her figure thinner, and not to mention the lack of life her expression always held. Needless to say, he was concerned. But what he didn't know was that things were much more awful than would appear. Y/N had turned to self-harming to deal with the pain and ridiculous amount of responsibility she had to deal with.

Thin red scars decorated her wrists and thighs, but her baggy jumpers prevented anyone from ever seeing. She knew she had to tell someone, and she also knew that person had to be C/N. He was her best friend, and knew everything about her... well, almost everything.

Y/N was yet to tell him about what was happening at home. Every time he had tried to pry to her innermost feelings, she had said something along the lines of, "I'm fine, C/N. Stop worrying." or "It's none of your business! Stop acting like it is." She had to admit, the latter was quite harsh and she had feared he would leave her upon saying that. Gratefully, he remained her friend, although Y/N couldn't fathom why.

No matter how many times she told him to leave her alone, or stop bothering her, he didn't move from her side. That persistence is what made Y/N realise she had to tell him. So, she found herself meeting up with him late at night; her mother and sibling fast asleep, and father who knows where.

Tears were already pouring down her cheeks when she first spoke, her words shaky, "I'm sorry I've been pushing you away..."

C/N stared at her silently in the dark.

"Everything's just been shit lately," she sobbed, "My dad cheats on my mum constantly, my mum's a severe alcoholic, I have to take care of my sibling, money is practically non-existent..."

He didn't know what he had been expecting, but it certainly wasn't that.

"I haven't had you round 'caus I had to move into a council house and it's... it's... so small... and I was embarrassed..." she forced her eyes up to meet his, pulling up her sleeves with guilt washing over her, "I don't know how else to cope..."

C/N scanned the scars meticulously, easily recognising how fresh some of them were. Never had he imagined that Y/N's home life had become so bad, or that the only coping mechanism she had was far from healthy. He took a step closer to her, briefly admiring how pretty she still looked with damp cheeks. She looked up at him sorrowfully. "Y/N..." he finally spoke, lifting his hand up to cup her face, "You need to tell child services..."

"I don't wanna be put in foster care!" she cried harder, "I don't have any family around here to live with and who knows what foster parents would be like!"

"It has to better than staying where you are..." C/N's tone was still soft, in fear of hurting her more.

Y/N sobbed again, "What do I do? I feel so... so... empty..."

"Y/N, I'm here for you. Remember that," he said, "I'll help you through this."

Wrapping her arms around his chest, she muffled her cries with the material of his hoodie. He returned the embrace gladly, hoping he could provide some sort of comfort with his warmth. Although, maybe there was one other way he could cheer her up.

"I love you, Y/N," he whispered, "As more than a friend."

Y/N parted from his chest and frowned up at him, "What?"

"I stick around for a reason, y'know..." he smiled slightly.

Sniffing, she mumbled, "I love you, too... but, why would you want me?"

"Isn't you staying strong for S/N through this enough to make you think you're worthy?" he said, "Our situations don't define us as people, you have to remember that."

Y/N forced a smile on to her face, but both of them knew it wasn't genuine. Even so, she now had a growing hope of a better future inside of her thanks to C/N.

———————

today's fun fact about moi:~

i fully believe that power rangers: samurai is the superior power rangers

[967 words]