[𝟲𝟬] 🧸 Pɪɴᴋɪᴇ Pʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Coffee" - beabadoobee

:D

———————

Most schools had someone who got into fights all the time, whether for good or bad reasons. The person may not necessarily be known by everyone, but that didn't stop them from existing. In Y/N's school, however, everyone knew who the person at the heart of conflict was. His name? C/N.

He didn't fight for absolutely no reason, although his reasons were often petty. Often times it was whenever someone even slightly insulted him or his friends. His friends also got into fights a lot, but not nearly as much as C/N.

Y/N had never had any conflict with them, as her involvement with them had been purely class-based, and they rarely touched girls anyway. The worst they would do is yell at them a bit. Either way, C/N and his friends weren't on Y/N's mind as she tucked her earphones into her ears, turned up her music, and walked down the corridor of lockers. She had a habit of staring at the ground when walking, so failed to notice that something was blocking off the corridor.

A fight was occurring, and by the time Y/N saw she found herself at the front of the cheering crowd. C/N was the first face she recognised, and the second one belonged to a boy of whom everyone despised. She gasped slightly, tugging at her earphone wires so she could hear what was being yelled. They were meaningless insults, but they dissipated within a short two minutes when the fight ended. It was a miracle no teachers had showed up.

C/N had won, but he didn't leave time for everyone to celebrate his victory as he glared at them all and yelled for them to, and I quote, "Fuck off.". Unlike the others who began scattering in all directions, Y/N remained frozen for a few seconds.

He was about to say something to her, but she cut him off before he could even speak by saying with a gasp, "Oh my god! Your knuckles are bleeding!" C/N didn't get a word in as Y/N shot forward and grabbed his wrist, pulling him over to her locker, which was only a few feet away.

Inside she had a mini first aid kit, which had plasters and wipes inside. She began cleaning up the otherwise smooth scabbed skin of his knuckles, her face focused and attentive. C/N remained silent as he watched her tend to his wounds. He observed her features carefully.

"You need to stop getting in fights all the time," Y/N muttered with the authority of a mother, "Violence isn't always the answer, you know."

C/N hummed softly, a small smile creeping on to his face.

"You might get really hurt one of this days! How would your family feel? Your friends?" she continued, applying plasters on each of the bigger cuts, "You need to be more careful."

"Okay," he said gently.

Only when Y/N had packed all the supplies away and looked up at his eyes did she remember just who he was, and how he reacted to people other than his friends being nice to him. She gulped, her face bright red.

"Thanks..." he smiled a small smile, raising one of his hands and examining her handiwork.

"Uh... you're- you're welcome..." Y/N bowed her head, "I just... I just did it without thinking..."

C/N's lips spread further, into a proper full-on grin. "Your name is Y/N, right?"

"Oh- uh- yeah."

"Thank you, Y/N."

It was definitely surprising that he was treating her so nicely, but then again she did fix up his "battle" injuries. However, it was still unusual. Normally, he would never accept help from anyone, let alone a random girl he hardly knew. Y/N had no idea why she reacted the way she did.

"Where are you headed?" he asked.

"Oh... just the... uhm... canteen."

"Can I walk with you?"

Y/N's breath hitched, and she avoided eye contact awkwardly. She was admittedly still a bit nervous around him, as she was paranoid he might have an outburst. His fiery temper was one of his key characteristics.

"I won't hurt you, Y/N. I promise."

"Pinkie promise?" she raised her pinkie, which was considerably smaller than his own.

He hooked his around it, squeezing softly at the same time she did. "Pinkie promise."

A few other students in the corridor had been watching, mainly because they were nosy and interested in C/N's life. He was quite renowned in the school, after all. Any observer could have sworn some softer-hearted students awed quietly.

"Come on, I'll buy you lunch."

"You don't have to-" she said as they began walking, but he cut her off.

"As a thank you. You'll be the reason my hands heal properly for once."

She had to admit, she was pretty flattered. And she didn't actually mind helping him.

———————

yesterday i talked to my granddad for the first time in my life, it was a facetime call to the philippines, where he lives. 'twas interesting.

today's fun fact about me:~

my favourite shoes are doc martens

[879 words]