[𝟰𝟱] 🧸 Bʟɪɴᴅ Dᴀᴛᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name
C/B/N - crush's best friend's name
Y/S - your sexuality (kinda has to include males tho)

Song: "Ghost Adventure Spirit Orb" - chloe moriondo

my friend went to the bristol protest and watched as they pulled down the slave trader statue... i wish i'd been there :(

———————

Y/N'S P.O.V.

"Right, Y/N," B/N began, a playful glint in her eyes. Immediately I could tell something was up. "It's about time you find a partner."

"What sort of partner?" I replied, "'Cause I'm considering finding a new best friend?"

"A romantic partner... obviously," she brushed it off, "I just didn't want to be discriminatory."

I sighed, fiddling with my fingers, "Well, if you really want to know I'm Y/S."

"Right, so that puts men into the mix..." B/N started making notes on a stupid notebook she had in front of her, "Interests?"

"You've known me for years," I deadpanned.

B/N chuckled, writing more things down as she mumbled under her breath, "Silence, private places, food, sleep..."

I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the sofa in the school library with an extravagant and prolonged sigh. It was lunchtime, and B/N was trying to set me up with someone to date. She thought it was about time I came out of my shell and showed an interest in other people. I disagreed, but she wouldn't listen to me so there was no point in arguing.

"I'm gonna contact C/B/N," she eventually said.

C/B/N was in the year above us, and was an old family friend of B/N's. Of course, I was a little confused as to why he was relevant, "Why?"

She shrugged, "Gonna see if he knows anyone who's like you."

Once more, I rolled my eyes, pulling out my phone and beginning to scroll through social media. At that time, I had no idea what was in store for me.

C/N'S P.O.V.

I observed as C/B/N checked his phone briefly, typing something quick before turning his attention back to his lunch. We were sat in the canteen at a table with the rest of our friends, although they were occupied with something we didn't care for.

"C/N..." C/B/N started, the tone he used making me narrow my eyes, "Would you mind doing a favour for me?"

"I need more context first," I said, biting off another mouthful of my sandwich.

He stared right into my eyes, before he said, "I need you to go on a date."

I choked on my food a little, but managed to regather my composure and say a simple, "No."

"Not the correct answer, my friend," C/B/N shook his head, "It's already been arranged. And how do you think the person would feel if you stood them up?"

"Why should I care?" I huffed, "Who is it, anyway?"

"It's a blind date," he replied, "Just be at the cafe downtown at five. No buts. It's about time you begun dating."

Y/N's P.O.V.

I found myself stood outside the local cafe in a casual outfit of a black hoodie, pale blue ripped denim jeans and a pair of black doc martens. Not forgetting my signature black beanie, of course. Nervously, I pushed on the door and entered into the coffee bean-smelling place, my nostrils filling with the bitter scent. I looked around, to see everyone with someone except one boy at the back on a table for two. He was scrolling through his phone, but even with his face down I could recognise who he was.

He was one of C/B/N's friends, meaning he was the most likely candidate for my "blind date". So, growing some metaphorical balls, I walked up to his table and did that weird cough thing people do to grab attention.

C/N met my eyes and did a small forced smile. I returned it, sitting opposite him and saying, "You a victim too?"

He groaned, "Tell me about it. I don't even wanna be here. I'd rather be at home, napping."

"That makes two of us..." I said with a sigh, "I don't get this whole dating thing anyway. It just seems to be so much effort to find stuff to do to maintain some dumb relationship..."

"What's your idea of a good couple past-time, then?" C/N quirked an eyebrow, taking a sip of his hot drink and putting his phone away.

I pondered for a few seconds, before saying, "Napping. If I were to date I would want someone who would just nap with me without complaint."

He smiled at me, but this time I could tell it wasn't forced, "Someone who you can talk to... but without effort."

"Someone who I can just be bored with and still have fun..." I trailed off, gazing into his handsome eyes.

Suddenly, he pushed back from the table and stood up. He held out his hand to me, which I took out of obligation. "Come on, then."

"Where we going?" I asked the inevitable question.

"To nap," he replied with a squeeze of my hand, "At my house."

The walk to his place was in silence, but not an uncomfortable one. His hand, which was interlocked with mine, swung lazily to and fro bringing my own with it. The journey gave me a proper few moments to analyse his features, making me realise just how handsome he really was. He was quite famous in the school for being the emotionless hottie, though, so I really shouldn't have been surprised.

When we reached his humble abode, which was void of other family members, he dragged me up to his bedroom. Pulling off his hoodie, he collapsed on the bed.

"I ain't sleeping in jeans," I said, "It's far from comfortable."

C/N merely rolled his eyes and got off the bed, pulling out a shirt of his that would be oversized on me. I accepted it awkwardly, slipping into the bathroom next door to change into it. I returned with the grey cloth drowning my figure, and I could have sworn I heard a little "Awe." come out of C/N's mouth. He was back on the bed by that point, but had joggers and a plain shirt on unlike before.

Admittedly, I felt a little awkward because all that was covering my underwear was a baggy shirt; but, I decided I had to put it aside as I clambered into bed beside him.

"Sweet dreams," I felt him peck my forehead as he pulled me close to his side and under the covers.

"You too," my reply was at the level of a whisper, as I was already so comfortable I was beginning to drift off.

C/N was honestly such a comfortable person to be around, and I soon became one of the only people he wasn't cold to.

——————

today's fun fact about moi:~

my favourite sit com ever is friday night dinner

[1181 words]