[𝟲𝟰] 🧸 Pᴜᴘᴘʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
M/N - mum's name
D/N - dad's name

Song: "DDU-DU DDU-DU" - BLACKPINK

~hit you with that ddu-du ddu-du du~

this song doesn't necessarily fit the vibe but it's stuck in my head ✌🏻

———————

Y/N's parents were taking her to one of their friend's houses for dinner, and honestly she had no idea who they were. Apparently they had a son that was her age, although they hadn't mentioned his name so she didn't know if she knew him from school or not. Presumably, he did go to her school as he was just a town over and in the catchment zone.

Arriving at the property, it was quite large compared to her own, and appeared to be an old farmhouse. The front garden was seemingly taken care of quite well: many pretty roses and tulips decorated the lawn. Y/N gazed in awe at them as they climbed out their car and walked up the cobblestone path. She hated socialising, but seeing the beauty of the house made the trip somewhat worthwhile.

On the navy blue door a traditional black door knocker sat nicely, the intricate design fascinating. The family appeared to have a substantial amount of money, even if they weren't necessarily considered "loaded".

Y/N's mother knocked twice, the deep resounding sounds followed by the patter of footsteps behind the door. It was opened to reveal a woman about the same age as Y/N's mother, a welcoming smile on her face. "M/N, D/N! Good to see you! ...And you must be Y/N!"

Smiling politely, Y/N remained silent as her parents made their greetings. M/N handed over a bottle of champagne she had brought, before the three were welcomed inside the house.

Looking around at the gorgeous homely architecture, Y/N's eyes were wide in amazement. Classic darkened beams were overhead, supporting the arches and door frames. The stairs was right before her in the open hallway, and although the steps were steep it was still amazing. She had always been fascinated by old fashioned homes.

The bark of a small dog came from the next room over, before a small fluffy chihuahua came running through the archway to the lounge. It continued to bark furiously at Y/N's parents, until the woman said a sharp, "No barking!"

It went silent, sitting down and staring expectantly at the strangers in its house.

"Sorry about that," she chuckled, "Coco doesn't like strangers very much. She's quite feisty, but I promise she doesn't bite."

Y/N took a final glance at Coco, before she was led through the lounge and into the cottage-like kitchen. So many 50s style appliances were set up along the counter: the toaster, the kettle, the bread bin, etc.

"My son's upstairs in his room. You can help yourselves to drinks while I go get him."

The woman disappeared back out of the room, and Y/N's parents began pouring themselves glasses of champagne. She sighed; while the house was beautiful, it wouldn't make socialising any easier. A wave of happiness washed over her, however, when Coco padded through the door and tilted her head at Y/N. Smiling, she bent down and picked up the small dog. Surprisingly, Coco didn't complain and just settled herself down in the arms of the stranger holding her.

Y/N's parents' friend returned, this time with what had to be her husband behind him. "My son will be downstairs in a sec, I'd imagine Y/N would rather talk to him than us," she said.

"Go wait for him in the living room, Coco will keep you company until then," the husband continued.

Nodding, Y/N carried Coco through to the lounge, where sofas were all positioned facing the large smart television. She sat down on one of them, stroking Coco's fur as she excitably attempted to lick her face.

"Coco doesn't normally like strangers," a weirdly familiar masculine voice said from behind her. She turned to see the famous emotionless hottie from her school, C/N: he was handsome and crushed on by many, but his attitude wasn't that of a particularly friendly person.

"I've heard..." she said quietly.

He moved around the settee and sat at the other end, looking at Coco on Y/N's lap, "Your name is Y/N, right?" His tone was as emotionless as it had always been on the brief occasions she had heard him speak at school, but he wasn't acting as dominant as usual.

"Yes. And you're C/N." Her eyes were transfixed on the dog in front of her, as she was too awkward to look directly at one of the most threatening boys in school.

Coco jumped off of Y/N's lap, bouncing over to C/N and rubbing her head into his leg. Her hair was all poofed up and adorable when she went upright again. She nipped on to his trousers, pulling on them as if trying to get him to move. When that failed, Coco went back to Y/N and pulled on her leg.

"What's she trying to do?" Y/N worked up the courage to ask.

"I don't know," he replied, in a considerably softer tone than before, "But she does seem to like you an awful lot."

Y/N pursed her lips, shifting closer to Coco who had now settled in the middle. As she began stroking her soft fur, C/N also moved closer and did the same. For a brief second their hands touched, and Y/N's face dusted over pink. She could have sworn C/N smirked for a second.

Lifting her gaze from Coco to C/N, Y/N found her eyes locking with his. His expression was blank, which was strange for him since he normally had a resting bitch face crossing his complexion. "Come on," he spoke near-silently, scooping Coco into his arms and gesturing for Y/N to follow.

He led her upstairs to what had to be his room. It was through one of the five doors along the upstairs corridor, two of the others being open and revealing both an office and a bathroom. Presumably the other rooms were the master bedroom and a spare bedroom.

C/N's room was decorated mostly in dark colours, much like her own back at home. Unlike her, he had a large double bed and a walk-in wardrobe to the side. It wasn't particularly tidy, but he didn't seem to be ultimately that bothered by it.

Setting Coco down on his bed, he observed as Y/N stared in wonder at the furniture around his room. Specifically, the large TV on the wall opposite his bed, the size of the bed itself, and the sofa pushed up against one wall. Her main thoughts were: why does a teenage boy need all this? Which, in all fairness, was what most people would think.

He could tell she was thinking that because she held the same expression all his friends had on their first visit. For some reason, he found himself more flattered with her being impressed than them.

"Do... you wanna watch a movie?" he asked, knowing dinner would be a while.

Y/N nodded, surprised to find C/N beckoning for her to sit next to him on the bed.

From that day forward, she developed a crush on C/N. And C/N developed a crush on her, too.

———————

i feel like i made the build up too long lmao,,, oh well ¯\_()_/¯

should i do a part 2??

today's fun fact about moi:~

i am a blink

[1284 words]