[𝟳𝟵] 🧸 Bᴇᴅ Cᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
C/L/N - crush's last name
C/M/N - crush's mother's name

Song: "Run the World!!!" - Dayglow

i have an actual irl crush now so woopee

——————

C/N's appendix had burst, so he had been rushed to hospital in order to receive emergency surgery. His mother had notified everyone close to them, including Y/N's own mother, who in turn told her. When Y/N found out that her long-term crush had a small chance of not surviving, she freaked out. What if she would never have the chance to tell him her feelings? That regret would haunt her for the rest of her life.

So, she found herself pacing back and forth for hours on end, until she eventually occupied herself with baking a cake. It was a win-win situation: if he didn't make it she would have comfort food, and if he did they would have celebratory food. Y/N baked a delicious chocolate cake, focusing intricately on the frosting to distract her despaired mind.

Eventually, when she was done, she decided to head over to C/N's house with the cake. His family probably needed more comfort than she did. She carried the cake in a huge tupperware tub over to his place, feeling like a right melon when she received stares from other people.

C/M/N answered the door, visible stress lines etched around her eyes. "Ah, Y/N," she forced a polite smile, "What brings you here?"

"I figured you might want some cake to cheer you up," she replied, holding up the container. She was doing her best to hide her own worry.

"Oh, thank you, dear," C/M/N took the tub, "Come in, come in."

Y/N entered into the hallway, removing her jacket and shoes.

"C/N's father is currently at the hospital with him," she said, "I have to be here to take care of C/N's sibling."

Nodding, she followed her through into the kitchen diner, where C/M/N picked up a washing basket full of dry folded clothes after placing the cake on the counter. "Oh, let me take that, Mrs C/L/N," she smiled, "I really don't mind."

"Oh, would you, dear? That'd be so helpful," she handed the basket over, "Thank you so much. This is all C/N's clothing, just take it all out the basket and leave it on the dresser."

Y/N forced a smile again, although maybe it was a little bit genuine since doing such a task meant she got to go into C/N's room and inhale his scent. Up there, her eyes couldn't help but land on the bed laden with cushions and neatly made bedsheets. The digital alarm clock on the bedside table told her it was around half seven in the evening. Her parents would expect her home by eight, but she dared let herself do one thing before leaving.

In order to truly comfort herself with the constant worry, Y/N allowed herself to climb into the fortress of pillows and blankets. All the material was fused with his aroma, so she buried her nose into the softness. Of course, she hadn't anticipated how relaxed the action would make her, or how exhausted she was from worrying all day. It hadn't even been a minute before Y/N had drifted off into a deep sleepless slumber.

"She's in my bed?" were the words that disturbed Y/N from her rest. Confusion washed over her when she peeled her eyes open to be met with unfamiliar surroundings. Didn't she go home the day before? When her vision became less of a blur, she made out two figures standing in the doorway. In fact, the one on the left was the one whose voice woke her up.

"Oh, look, you've gone and woken her up!" the voice of C/M/N spoke from the right. By this point Y/N's vision was fully focused, but she was still was confuddled and at a loss for words. He was home. He had survived the surgery.

C/M/N came over to the bed, "Sorry to wake you, honey. You've been asleep for fifteen hours now!"

"Fif...teen.... hours...?" she managed to say softly.

"Yes! I must say, I was quite confused at what was taking you so long yesterday, but then I came up and saw you fast asleep in C/N's bed," she chuckled, "I'm sure you'll be glad to know he's just fine and was discharged this morning." She gestured to the boy standing behind her in pyjamas. He was staring silently at Y/N.

"Oh..." she mumbled.

"Don't worry, I texted your parents about it so they didn't get concerned," she laughed, "I'll leave you two to catch up. In fact, I'll even bring you up some cake!"

When C/M/N had exited, Y/N and C/N found themselves caught in an incredibly awkward silence. The former was still in the latter's bed, but perched up on her elbows by that time. "So... why you in my bed?" he broke the silence by mentioning the elephant in the room.

"Smells like you..." she muttered.

"And why do you like that?" he said, this time with a raised eyebrow and a growing smirk. This boy had only just escaped death and he had the audacity to be cheeky?

Y/N rolled her eyes and said loudly with warmed cheeks, "I was worried sick!"

"And you like to be reminded of me?" C/N grinned, leaning forward to climb on to the bed. He winced slightly at his tummy muscles clenching, but put on a tough face for Y/N.

She remained silent, refusing to react to him lying down next to her with their bodies touching.

"It's good to know you care," he smiled, genuinely, not just a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm in love with you, big deal." Shit. He hadn't said anything about love. Panic filled Y/N's mind after just making a fatal verbal error.

"Well I didn't say you were in love with me," he replied, wrapping an arm around her, "But it's good to know you're glad I escaped death. I'm in love with you, too."

——————

i have a huge urge to play jenga rn

today's fun fact about moi:~

i am, as of recently, a vegetarian

[1073 words]