[𝟭𝟰𝟵] 🧸 Aғᴛᴇʀ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
Y/C/N - your cousin's name

Song: "Helen of Troy - Bonus Track" - Lorde

there's no angst but this does involve underage smoking weed so be warned!

in light of the fact i smoked yesterday with my cousin n his mates and kinda developed a crush on his friend.....

———————————

The entire day Y/N had been anxious, as she was looking forward to her after school plans, but her cousin was very prone to cancelling. During last lesson, when she was sat at a computer supposedly working, she snapped him to ensure they were still on. Fortunately, they were; he told her where they would meet when she was released.

It was strange, really, that her cousin was a year younger than her, considering he was so tall. He was homeschooled, and as a result his friends weren't strictly in the same year as him, spanning a couple years either way. So when he led her to an isolated car park just by the river, Y/N was only somewhat surprised to see one of his friends stood there by a bike.

"You alright?" Y/C/N said to him.

"Yeah, you?" he replied, then looking in Y/N's direction.

"This is my cousin Y/N," he said, and as the boy looked at her she couldn't help but feel ashamed she still had her childish backpack from her primary school days on. Her cousin continued, this time talking to her, "This is my friend C/N."

"Alright?" he smiled.

Feeling awkward, she nodded, just as the sound of a moped roared in the background.

"Is that Sam?" Y/C/N said.

"Yep. He's gonna run himself into the hedge at this fucking rate."

"Especially on your shitty moped."

C/N jokingly scowled at him, "At least I have a moped."

"What's the max it can go these days? Fifty?"

"Not even sure it can make that to be fair."

Y/C/N laughed, pulling a joint he rolled earlier out his pocket, "You got a lighter? I could only find matches at home."

"Oh, yeah," he handed it over.

"Can you believe- first time smoking?" he gestured towards Y/N.

"Alright, okay," she said.

Y/C/N lit the blunt and took a hit before passing it over.

"You guys get to see me cough now."

"You just put it on your lips," C/N said, "Otherwise you get mouth cancer. Trust."

"It's mostly weed, not baccy, so don't worry about that too much. Just breathe in," Y/C/N instructed, "Hold it for a bit, then breathe out."

She followed their guidance, and felt it hit the back of her throat, but the fact she was expecting it meant she managed to avoid coughing. After passing it back to her cousin, a moped with a guy on it pulled into the car park.

"You have fun?" C/N asked as the guy, assumably Sam, pulled off the helmet. Y/N could then recognise that she knew him from school; in fact, he was in her year.

"You giving weed to kids, Y/C/N?" he said to her cousin, revealing how he actually didn't know her despite her knowing him.

"This is my cousin. You're the same age, Sam."

"Oh."

C/N laughed, "Right, we're meeting James up the other end of the river, you good for a walk?"

***

By the time they reached the end of the muddy path, Y/N had managed to decipher that C/N was about a year older than her and homeschooled. She had been relatively silent as the other three talked, but C/N had often made eye contact with her while talking which actually allowed her to feel acknowledged.

James greeted them all, and they then began walking down a country lane until there was a human-made path leading into the bushes. Y/N watched as C/N and Sam followed it up a relatively steep slope, looking back at her cousin who was walking alongside James for some kind of signal. He nodded, so she followed the path and climbed up the slippery hillside.

C/N kept looking back to make sure she was climbing it okay, until they reached a small area of mostly flat ground that led off from the path. It was in the middle of a small woods, and would have been quite nice if it wasn't for the damp ground. When everyone had reached it, Sam and C/N laid down coats and sat on the ground, pulling out what looked to be miniature bongs.

She was standing there awkwardly as James and Y/C/N engaged in conversation, so made herself look occupied by pulling out her phone. A Snapchat notification popped up from her cousin, and she opened it to see him asking if she was alright. She replied that she was fine, just awkward, and he left it at that.

It turned out that even those sorts of friend groups chilled and shared TikToks like any other. By the end, Y/N was disappointed to leave, but it was getting dark so she realised it would be wise to get home.

C/N had to leave as well, and hopped on to his motorbike, waving goodbye to everyone as he rode off. She watched in admiration, which did not go unnoticed by Y/C/N, who quickly laughed and said, "You're crushing on C/N of all people? You're insane."

"I am not!"

"So you admit you like him?"

Sam and James were laughing, so Y/N was grateful when her mum pulled up in her car. "Oh look! My ride!"

"Hang on," Y/C/N said, pulling out spray and spraying it all over her, "Right. You're good to go."

"Thanks. See you soon!" she ran towards the vehicle and hopped into the passenger seat.

Pulling out her phone, she saw that a C/N had added her on snap, and nervously added him back.

how'd u get my snap? she messaged him.

asked ur cousin he replied.

Y/N looked up and out of the car window as they began driving off, seeing her cousin grinning at her while he held up his phone.

Another message from C/N came through:

i hear u have a crush on me?

Shit.

————————————

merry christmas y'all!

[1064 words]