[𝟭𝟯𝟰] 🧸 Pɪᴇʀᴄɪɴɢ Pᴛ.3

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Listerine" - Dayglow

just to finish this short trilogy off :)

also, implied smut but no actual smut

———————————

"So, where are we going, sir?" Y/N asked when C/N came to get her after his appointment.

"We can just go get a coffee, if that's alright with you?"

She was willing to go anywhere with him, so followed him out and on to the pavement without complaint. It hurt to walk a little with the fresh tattoo, but the pain was thankfully tolerable so she pushed through it and was relieved to be able to sit down in a little cafe opposite C/N.

"So, what's your favourite colour?" he asked, resting his chin on his hands and tilting his head.

"Black, you?"

"Grey."

"Huh, never heard that one before."

He laughed, "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"Okay, better question - why did you decide to become a tattoo artist?"

"Well I've always loved art, and I guess I just liked the idea of leaving it permanently on people's bodies - I was just lucky to meet Ron, our boss, at a house party and become friends with him. He offered me an apprenticeship within a couple months when I was deciding what to do with my life."

"I've heard apprenticeships are really difficult to get."

"Yeah, they are, that's why I - and now apparently you - got really lucky."

She giggled, "Mm. I was surprised Steph and Ben were so eager to have me as an apprentice."

"We've actually been considering bringing on a new apprentice lately, since our business is growing and we prefer to have tattoo artists who learned the trade in our place - just gives us more authenticity, you know."

"Yeah, I get that - I'm actually quite excited. The customer service business is sucking the life outta my soul."

"Mm, I worked part time at a chippy when I was younger and that was enough to make me decide never to do customer service full time."

"I can't wait to quit, I'll tell you that."

It didn't long until they finished the coffee, at which point they stood up and Y/N forgot about her tattoo for a second. Splitting pain soon coursed through the inked area, and C/N quickly got concerned. "Hey, hey, careful - it's basically a fresh wound."

"Yeah, I just forgot," she replied through gritted teeth.

"C'mon, my flat is just around the corner from here, I've got ointments and medicines specifically for tattoos."

"I don't want to be any trouble-"

"Jesus, Y/N, I want to help you."

"...Okay..."

He led her to his nicely sized flat at the corner of the street, with a prettily decorated balcony protruding out the side. They entered the home and Y/N was pleasantly surprised to see how lovely the interior was. C/N had decorated and furnished well, and clearly kept the place clean and tidy. "Just through here." He led her to the kitchen and gestured for her to sit up on the counter as he began grabbing items from the cabinets. "Pull your trousers down."

In any other context, Y/N would have felt violated, but she followed his instructions without even thinking about it. He came over and removed the wrap from the tattoo, which had already gathered a slight ink pool. After throwing it away, he began cleaning up the tattoo with just water at first, before collecting some of the ointments and dabbing them over the design. Y/N hissed at the intense stinging, and was met by C/N saying in a quietened voice, "You're doing amazing." The same praise that always made her feel fuzzy. "Just a little more."

When he finished his handiwork, he wrapped the tattoo with fresh wrap, before smoothing it down and looking back up at Y/N. He hadn't realised that his face would be mere inches from hers, and while he faced things like that a lot as a tattoo artist... this was with his date, in his kitchen. Their eyes soon flicked to each other's lips, as they both became hyper aware of the fact his hand still rested on her abdomen.

"I know we don't really know each other, but can I-"

"Shut up and kiss me."

He did exactly that, and it got very heated very fast.

***a few months later***

"Fuckin' hell that tattoo took so long," C/N grumbled as he entered the break room with tired arms.

"How come?" Ron looked up from his sketchbook.

"She kept whining and moving about so I had to stop a hundred and fifty times."

Ron laughed and turned back to his work, meanwhile Y/N looked up from the fake skin she was practicing on. "I can't do this."

The two gentlemen looked over to her, the one of whom she was dating walking over and ruffling her hair. "Yes, you can."

"But my arms ache and I've only been doing it for ten minutes."

"You've still got to build up stamina," C/N sat beside her and pecked her lips, "C'mon, we're not going home til you finish this."

Within two months of them dating, he had asked her to move in with him, and she had easily said yes. They probably spent nearly every waking moment in each other's presence: it was a miracle they weren't sick of each other yet.

By the time either of them spoke again, Ron had left the room for an appointment, leaving Y/N under C/N's supervision while she worked. He had moved so he was now behind her, and she was sitting in between his legs with his hand resting on her waist. Her tongue poked out her mouth as she focused on her task, completely ignoring him when she felt his hand rub along her waist and him lean forward to rest his head on her shoulder. She was wearing a crop top, revealing her one and only tattoo that was now healed.

"I want to decorate your body more."

She stopped what she was doing, "What?"

"I wanna cover it with more tattoos," he began kissing along the exposed skin between her shirt and neck, "Like you're my own personal canvas."

Him saying that shouldn't have made her feel the way it did. "Yeah- okay- I'm- I'm fine with that."

He chuckled, "Good girl."

Her heart fluttered, but she brushed it off and said, "Now help me finish this, my arms hurt."

"You've gotta do it yourself - otherwise you'll never learn."

"Yes, I will!"

"No, you won't."

"Yes, I will!"

"No, you-"

"Guys, please shut the fuck up!"

————————————

i'm so tired.

anyway, next chapter will be angst bc i have been starving y'all of it.

[1125 words]