[𝟰𝟮] ⚠️ Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Pᴀʀᴛʏ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "LEMONS - Demo" - Brye

i haven't slept well in weeks :(

⚠️angst but ends well⚠️

——————

It was her first university party. And, in all honesty, she had no fucking clue why she was there.

She hated parties, she hated people and she most definitely hated intoxicated and rowdy people at parties. As she sidled between the bunch of strangers she hardly knew, can of beer held in hand, her mind filled with fear. There were way too many drunk men already here. With the world she lived in, even if she wasn't attractive, this was a dangerous place for her to be alone.

Only five minutes in and she could already sense a pair of eyes following her constantly. A quick look around confirmed that as she locked eyes with a taller man with a stupidly obnoxious smile on his face. Y/N did what she did best as he began making his way towards her: she disappeared into the crowd. Protecting the opening of her drink, she pushed through the range of other party goers.

Unfortunately, the man soon caught sight of her again and she found him suddenly whispering into her ear from behind. "Hello, sweetheart. Why'd you run off?"

"I'm not interested," Y/N said firmly, keeping her head facing away from him.

"You don't even know my name yet, sweethe-"

"Don't want to."

"Oh, come on, you can't be that quick to judge me..."

"You following me is a pretty decent example for me to judge character on."

The guy chuckled, "Ooh, feisty one..."

The next thing she did was based purely on instinct, as she grabbed the arm of the nearest nice-looking man. She felt him turn around with a frown, allowing her to take in his handsome face. Unfortunately, she didn't get to linger on it as she knew he would want an explanation for what had just happened. Y/N desperately met his eyes and flicked them to and from the persistent guy behind her. The man seemed to get the message, and looked over her head with eyebrows raised at the previously mentioned asshole.

"Are you bothering her?" he said sternly, tugging on Y/N gently so he was between them.

"I was just talking to her!" he replied with arms in the 'surrender' position.

"That doesn't answer my question. I'll assume she made it pretty clear she doesn't want to talk to you."

"She-"

"Nope," he cut him off, "Leave her alone."

Begrudgingly, the guy left, allowing Y/N to properly thank the very person that may have just saved her from something quite serious, "Thank you so much," she hugged him out of instinct, knocking the breath out of him temporarily.

"Hey, it's okay," he said, awkwardly returning the embrace, "It was the least I could do. C/N, by the way."

"Y/N," she smiled, "This is my first uni party. I'm so stupid for coming alone."

C/N allowed her to hang around with him for the evening, which she was eternally grateful for her. Although, she had to admit that she was a little pissed the only way she would feel safe at a party was if she was with a trustworthy man.

After a while, C/N needed a bathroom break, apologising to Y/N before being taken away by the crowd on his journey. She stood awkwardly in the corner with the same beer can from earlier, the liquid now flat and tasteless. Her eyes were scanning everywhere out of fear as the panic attack began to set in. The guy from before was most likely still at the party. It was only eleven, and, sure enough, luck was against her. He soon showed up in front of her.

"Sorry about that guy interrupting us earlier," he grinned cockily, "Now, where were we?"

"Go away," she said harshly.

"Awe, no need to be so mean, sweetheart," he placed his hand on the wall behind her.

Y/N's fear was suddenly taken over by an overwhelming rage and, taking a deep breath, she found herself yelling, "Why did you listen when he told you to go away, but not me?"

The man was taken aback as people nearby hushed and looked in their direction. "I-"

"Why is it that when I make it blatantly clear I'm not interested and never will be you proceed to be a right pain in the ass?" she continued, trying to ignore the attention from others, "If anything the more you talk to me the less likely it is I will eventually say yes."

"Oh, come on, when it really comes down to it there's no difference between yes and no-"

"Really?" all she saw was red. Major sex offender vibes. "Can I punch you?"

The man scoffed, "No-"

She landed a swift punch right to his nose, making him grunt and step back a couple steps with blood already seeping down his upper lip. Self defence classes had proven useful. "What? There's no difference between yes and no."

A bunch of "Ooooooh!" cheers erupted from around her. This wasn't how she thought she'd make a first impression.

"What was that for?" he pinched his nose.

"You're just a sour little boy with a fragile masculinity. Have some more respect for women's right to refuse," she said with malice lacing her tone, before pushing through the crowd to get outside to the garden.

She soon found C/N's warm presence behind her. His soft voice soon spoke. "They told me what you did."

"That was so stupid of me!" she immediately blurted, "What if he goes to the police?"

"I think you have a lot of witnesses on your side..." he replied, moving to stand beside her, "You should be proud."

She hummed in response, letting a comfortable silence settle over them for a couple minutes.

"I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I think you're really cute."

"...I don't really know how to respond to that..."

C/N shrugged lazily, "Would you maybe wanna go on a date with me?"

A blush met her cheeks as a smile revealed itself, "Yeah... I'd love to."

——————

today's fun fact about moi:~

my two favourite colours are black and blue

[1050 words]