[𝟴𝟯] 🧸 Hᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ Vɪsɪᴛᴏʀ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
L/N - your last name

Song: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - Green Day

it feels kinda weird now u all know what i look like 👀

———————

Y/N found it weird, waking up to be faced with the pristine white cleanliness of a hospital room. Her back raised by the mechanical bed, and the blue patient cloak drowning out her figure under the white bedsheets. She knew why she was there: a simple procedure to fix her hip bone. But it was her first time waking up in a hospital bed, and the first time of everything is weird whether you were expecting it or not.

Many "get well soon" and "have a speedy recovery" cards were set up on the bedside table, making Y/N smile to herself. It felt nice knowing people cared about her wellbeing, even in a scenario that wasn't life or death. But, as she looked through the cards, a wave of sadness washed over her. There was no card from C/N, her crush, apart from the one which her entire class signed. That didn't really count.

They were definitely friends, and closer than some of the other people she got cards from, so it hurt a little that there were no individual ones from him. Did C/N even care?

"Oh good! You're awake," a feminine voice from the entrance came, to reveal a nurse pushing open the door with her foot while carrying a tray, "Here. Eat up," she said upon reaching the side of the bed.

"Uh... thanks..." Y/N muttered, cursing herself for being stupidly awkward.

The nurse smiled, "No problem, dear. I have a couple visitors waiting for you, I'll just go fetch them."

Presuming it would just be her parents, Y/N began eating with an absent mind while she waited for their arrival. Her parents did walk in a few minutes later, but with someone extra that she most definitely had not expected. C/N.

He waved sheepishly at her, relief apparent in his eyes.

"Good morning, darling, how are you feeling?" her mother asked, pressing a hand to her forehead.

"I'm fine, ma," Y/N batted away the hand, "I'm not here for having a fever."

"Any hip pain?" her father then questioned, making her nod slightly, even though her eyes were focused on C/N.

Y/N's mother caught on instantly, "Your father and I will go discuss your condition with the doctor... you and your special visitor can have a small catch up while we're gone..."

And with that, the parents left the room exchanging knowing glances with one another.

"I'm glad you're okay," C/N said once it was just the two of them.

"Thanks..." she replied with warmed cheeks, "Although the procedure was as low risk as they come..."

The boy grinned, "That didn't stop me from worrying."

"Well, I appreciate that," she said with a giggle, taking a deep breath as she decided to take an in-the-moment risk, "And I mean a lot... because I, uh, well... have a huge crush on you..."

"Oh, come on!" C/N whined, striking fear and pain in the girl's heart.

She but her lip nervously, "Sorry, I-"

"I came here to confess to you! And now you've gone and beat me to it..." he huffed, making an array of emotions swarm through Y/N.

Relief, confusion, happiness.

"Well... at least let me be the one to do the asking out," he said, "So, Y/N... will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will, stupid," she beamed, "Although I am a little salty you didn't give me a get well soon card..."

C/N rolled his eyes, "Damn, I nearly forgot," he pulled out an envelope from his back pocket, "I wanted you to be awake when I gave it to you."

Accepting it with a look of pure joy in her eyes, she excitedly tore open the envelope and pulled out the sparkly green card inside. The card had a cute little message inside, but I will leave that to your imagination.

"I hope you like it."

"Thank you, C/N-"

"Nope."

"Huh?"

He shook his head, "You call me a pet name now."

"Uh, okay..." she frowned, mildly flustered, "Thank you... honey..."

"You are most welcome, angel," he said in reply, making Y/N internally cringe.

"Cheesy bastard..." she muttered.

C/N snorted, "Oi, I heard that. That's no way to talk about your boyfriend."

Before she could send a cheeky remark in response, a doctor walked into the room with her parents behind. Her dad immediately raised an eyebrow at her flustered appearance: she knew for a fact he would have teased her if it wasn't for the present doctor. But, when the doctor finished giving Y/N a talk on how long she would be there, her physical limits, and her medical requirements; her father's polite attitude quickly changed back to normal.

"Did something happen?" he said, making her even more embarrassed, "Did a certain boy ask my daughter out without my permission?" He was obviously joking, Y/N's dad didn't care for sexist traditions such as a father's blessing.

C/N could only grin, making her admire his confidence, "Maybe, Mr L/N."

Her dad laughed, "Well, it's about time. Was wondering when Y/N would finally get a partner."

"Dad~" she whined, making him laugh more. Her mum just stood there smiling.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." he chuckled, pausing for a few seconds, "So... did he make it all romantic?"

"Dad!"

————————

me when i find out school starts in two weeks:

today's fun fact about moi:~

my dad literally lets me do whatever the fuck i want so i rlly look forward to his custody weekends hehe :))

[969 words]