[𝟭𝟱𝟴] ⚠️ Exᴄʟᴜsɪᴠᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Softly" - Arlo Parks

i'm back briefly from my hiatus lol 😴

was taking a break 4 exams, but i have my actual exams in a month so i'm going to be very busy with revision again

sorry :(

⚠️nothing major just doesn't go well⚠️

———————————————

"So, how's it going with C/N, babe?" B/N asked, sat across from Y/N in a cute little cafe. They were sipping on their respective coffee drinks as the buzz of people around them provided background noise.

Unable to suppress the smile on her face, Y/N said, "It's good... I mean, it's been, what? Four months now? I've met his parents."

"Oh, that sounds official~," B/N grinned, "Has he asked you to be his girlfriend properly?"

"No, but, I think that's what we are. I mean, we're adults, I feel like there's a point where there's a mutual understanding."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish my love life was going better."

Y/N chuckled, "I don't think rushing it is gonna help."

"I know~, I just wanna be loved~..."

"You're loved by me!"

B/N rolled her eyes, "But you're so busy with C/N these days..."

Y/N stared at her blankly, causing her friend to burst out in laughter.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding- have you heard anything back from the visa place yet?"

For years, Y/N had dreamed of studying abroad in Berlin, Germany, and in the last year had begun going about bringing the dream to fruition.

"No..." she sighed, "I think they're gonna contact me in the next couple of days."

"All the best, then... does C/N know?"

"He knows I plan to move there, but we've never talked about what would happen to us."

B/N shrugged, "Good luck, honestly, babe."

***

It was a miserable rainy day when Y/N got back from work, soaked and upset from what had been a below mediocre day. Nonetheless, she had work she still needed to catch up on, so after a quick shower she made herself coffee and opened her laptop while curled up on the sofa.

As she opened her emails to scan for anything important, her eyes focused on the unmistakable email address that belonged to the people in control of her dream. The sound of her heartbeat increased tenfold as she moved the mouse above the message and clicked.

Visa approved.

Y/N couldn't stop a tiny squeal from escaping her mouth, and forgot about her work as she sprung to her feet.

C/N. She had to tell C/N.

She picked up her phone to call him, but he didn't answer. Even as she tried a couple more times, he didn't pick up, so she decided to tell him in person instead. She couldn't wait for him to know this exciting news.

The drive there was slow due to the torrents of rain, but that was all forgotten when Y/N pulled into the car park of C/N's flat building. Just as she went to open the door, another car pulled in which she immediately recognised as C/N's. She beamed as he got out of the car- but that turned into a frown when a woman got out of the passenger side.

Maybe a relative of his?

Or even just a friend?

Nonetheless, Y/N did not recognise her, and furrowed her eyebrows further when C/N wrapped an arm around her shoulders. The woman then stood on her tiptoes to peck his lips gently before they both started laughing in the downpour.

Oh, fuck.

Y/N waited until they had both disappeared into the building before she started up her car again. A ping on her phone sounded and she picked it up to see a message from C/N.

sorry i missed your calls, i was busy

what is it you wanted to talk about?

That son of a bitch.

The tears she had been fighting to hold back then began to trickle down her cheeks. As they would do for the rest of the night.

It wasn't until the next morning did she come up with a plan.

"I'm gonna disappear."

"What? This is what you called me over for?" B/N said, plopping down on the settee.

"C/N's dating other people."

"He what? That son a fucking bitch I'll kill him myse-"

"Calm down, B/N."

The woman shut up and sat back down.

"My visa to Germany got accepted, and he doesn't know. So I'm just gonna disappear. My lease here is almost up and I have enough savings to stay in an Air BnB for a bit."

"So you're just gonna leave? Now?"

"Well, in the next couple days."

"God... I'm gonna miss you so much..." she stood up to hug Y/N, "But I'm with you every step of the way."

"Good, because we have a lot of stuff to move. Thankfully most of the furniture here already belonged to the apartment."

***

Before Y/N knew it, her flight and Air BnB had been booked, and her apartment had been cleared of her belongings, with everything she couldn't take on the plane being moved to B/N's so she could post them to her.

She blocked C/N on every platform, and wondered if he would even bother visiting her place to ask why she wasn't replying to him. Nonetheless, it didn't matter, and Y/N soon found herself at the airport with B/N and excitement bubbling inside of her.

"I'm gonna die without you, babes," B/N said, tightening her grip around her best friend.

"I'm gonna miss you too."

"Have fun in Berlin. Meet a cute German boy for me."

"I will, I will."

B/N smiled at her.

"And, B/N."

"Yeah?"

"If you see C/N..."

"...yeah?"

"Act like I never existed."

—————————————

*unedited*

have a good day :)

[991 words]