[𝟴𝟭] ⚠️ Cᴏsʏ & Cᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Let's Fall in Love for the Night" - FINNEAS

kickboxing has started up again for me...

——————

The night sky above you did not improve your melancholy mood: grim dark clouds stretched as far as the eye could see, rain pelting down and splatting against the concrete pavement as it formed puddles in the dips. Your back was pressed against a damp brick wall, your head hanging low in your curled-up position. The thin zip-up hoodie material was pathetic against the downfall, so the hood did nothing to prevent your hair from getting soaked. You had it up anyways. It was better than nothing.

In all honesty, you didn't really care for how drenched you had become. You didn't even care about the wet denim jeans sticking to your legs, or the feeling of water inside your red converse. Your emotions were numb and your mind blank.

She had kicked you out again. Your mother, that is. Whenever you disrespected her she would get angry, so you really should have known better than to curse at her for saying you couldn't visit your father anymore. How you wished he was the one with the custody. But, he wasn't, and so your mother had forced you to leave, locking all the windows and doors to prevent you sneaking back in. You were too angry to go anywhere near the house again anyway, so she needn't have worried. Despite the brewing storm, you had begun running and running down the streets, and through the back alleys.

You wanted to get as far away as possible, but was so caught up in that desire you paid no attention to the route you were taking. Eventually, when you realised how truly lost you were, you had sank down against the wall of a random house. The storm was in full swing, and there was no hope in finding shelter by that point. Or, so you thought.

Due to your head hanging low, you failed to notice a dark figure approaching you on the pavement. It wasn't until you could suddenly no longer feel the rain, despite still being able to hear it, did you look up. A black umbrella was being held above your head, by a familiar boy wrapped tightly in a raincoat. You finally pinpointed his face. C/N. It was C/N. He sat next to you in geography.

"Y/N?" his voice was barely audible above the raging storm, "What are you doing out here?"

Wiping the tears that were hardly distinguishable from raindrops, you managed to say loudly enough, "It doesn't matter."

"Well, it's not safe for you out here at this time," he replied, extending his free hand, "Come on. I live a block away."

Cautiously, you accepted his offer, wincing at the feeling of sogginess in your shoe soles. C/N insisted on you taking his coat, although you protested a lot at first. He ended up explaining he had been dropping off torches to his grandmother, whose power had gone out, and was on his way back home. You were grateful he had taken the route he did, otherwise no one would probably have ever found you. You would have probably died of hypothermia or something.

His mother nearly threw a fit when she saw the state of you after stepping over the threshold. The warmth of the insulated house was welcome, but the panicky voice of C/N's mother was not. It made you flinch when she slammed the door shut behind you, and dragged you upstairs. You were overwhelmed when she began instructing C/N to collect different items for you: like spare clothes, a towel, and a hot drink.

But, you were soon pretty much dry and cosy in a baggy jumper and a pair of joggers belonging to C/N. You didn't have a chance to speak to him again until he plopped down beside you on the cream-coloured settee, and handed you a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.

He lifted his hand to push away a string of damp hair hanging over your face, before softly asking, "What happened?" His mother was gratefully out of earshot, busy putting your clothes in the washing machine in the kitchen.

Your breath hitched, and you decided in that split second he had the right to know the truth. He had helped you, he at least deserved to know why you needed help in the first place. "My mum kicked me out," you said shakily, staring down into the brown liquid inside your mug.

C/N didn't say anything, waiting for you to continue.

"She does it whenever she gets mad at me," you inhaled sharply, "And I made the stupid mistake of cursing at her for banning me from seeing my dad."

"Your... dad...?" he frowned slightly.

You nodded, "My parents are divorced... My mum has custody, pretty much only because, well, mothers are favoured in court."

"I see..." he said calmly.

"I ran until I was lost and tired... and you found me about ten minutes later..."

"Well, you can stay here for the night..." he smiled softly, "We'll call your dad... and child services... tomorrow."

"Thanks, C/N," you nibbled at your lip, "This really means a lot. I feel bad for-"

He shook his head, "Everyone needs help sometimes, Y/N. And now it's your turn."

You sipped on the hot chocolate, feeling the warm liquid slip down your throat and heat up your insides. You shivered, not out of coldness, but out of split-second delight. This had been the first time in a while you were so cosy and comfortable.

Needless to say, you and C/N became a lot closer after that.

———————

i really really need a hug right now... pls send me ur virtual hugs \(*≧~≦*)/

pink18179 and pandas-and-peaches

today's fun fact about moi:~

i am incredibly touch starved bc i developed an irrational fear of affection a few years ago. i need affection but i don't want affection... ya know?

[1018 words]