[𝟭𝟰] 🧸 Nᴀᴘ Tɪᴍᴇ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
F/N - father's name

Song: "watch you sleep." - girl in red

hope people are doin' well in this weird time

—————

The entire night she'd been up playing games on the xbox; she didn't even get an ounce of sleep at any point. Her father had bought her a new game and as a result the whole night had been spent completing it. Only when Y/N was finally done did she allow herself to try and fall into a deep slumber: but her mother came in and insisted that she cleaned her room, unaware that Y/N hadn't slept.

Once Y/N was actually finished tidying and cleaning her room, a knock arrived on the door. By this point, Y/N's mother had gone for the weekly shopping and her father had left for Saturday football.

Loose cotton pyjamas adorning her exhausted frame, Y/N trudged down the stairs with her eyelids only half-open. She opened the door to see her gorgeous boyfriend standing with a bag in his hand and a happy grin on his face. "Hey, princess."

C/N pecked her on the lips before inviting himself in, to which Y/N did not even bother to stop him. "I brought snacks," he raised the bag, "I was bored so I figured I'd come over."

"Thanks," Y/N yawned, "I'm home alone."

"You seem tired," he ruffled her head, "Did I wake you?"

Sighing, she took a seat on the sofa, "No. I didn't sleep at all."

"How come?"

"I was... kinda up all night playing on my xbox..." Y/N said awkwardly.

C/N chuckled, sitting down by her and picking up the TV remote. He flicked through channels on the box until he found something interesting to watch, bringing his legs up on to the settee so he could get himself comfortable.

Curling up next to him in a little ball, Y/N let her head rest on his lap. She nuzzled her face in slightly, letting her eyes drift shut as she finally felt relaxed enough to catch some sleep. C/N's fingers found her hair and played with it softly, eating crisps with his other hand. Eventually the girl on his lap drifted off with gentle snores escaping her mouth.

He gazed down at her sleeping form with a soft smile, admiring her innocent features. It was amazing how much younger people looked when sleeping, how innocent they looked when their worries were temporarily absent. Admiring her gorgeous appearance made him sleepy himself, and soon enough he'd drifted off too. The TV was left playing some random sit-com as the couple enjoyed some quality nap time.

Y/N's mother and father coincidentally arrived home at the same time, bumping into each other in the driveway. Her father was told to go upstairs for a shower the second they entered over the threshold, leaving Y/N's mother to walk through the living room to get to the kitchen diner.

She did a double take, having to retrace a few steps to get a proper good look at the fluffy beige sofa. The woman sighed in contentment at the adorable sight before her, sneaking a quick photo to be put up on the wall. She turned off the television, then resuming with carrying the shopping bags through.

Y/N's father soon came downstairs in clean clothes, keen on watching a show himself. He took one look at the pair napping, but, of course, he just wasn't quite as nice as his wife. Instead, he loudly said, "Ah, what a wonderful day for napping!"

C/N and Y/N stirred in their slumber, glancing up at the very man who interrupted their precious time. "Dad..." Y/N groaned, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

"Hello, F/N," C/N said, rubbing his eyes.

Y/N's dad proceeded to make conversation with her boyfriend about the football match he'd just had, obviously excited over the fact he'd won.

Standing up, Y/N went through to the kitchen to grab some food, where she found her mother packing food away into the fridge. "Hi, darling," the woman smiled, "Enjoy your nap? You two are adorable."

"Eugh... mum!" she groaned, "You took a photo, didn't you?"

"Maybe..." she giggled, "You both are just so cute... I had to get a photo to put in the hall."

Groaning once more, Y/N grabbed an apple and took a bite.

"Y/N."

"Yes, mother?" Y/N said with a sigh.

"D'you think you'll marry him?"

—————

i wanted to get something out bc the few of you that do read this might need some entertainment hehe

[786 words]