[𝟭𝟱𝟱] ⚠️ Dᴏ Nᴏᴛ Eɴᴛᴇʀ

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name

Song: "Treehouse" - Alex G

i'm sorry i keep writing about weed so much but in other news i got stoned last week and was still high the next day at school 😭😭

⚠️drug consumption; weed consumption; implied traumatic past⚠️

———————————————

The flight back to California was a long one, and it was even harder when you had to take it alone. Nonetheless, Y/N got through customs and on to the plane, where she located her seat right next to the window. With a sigh of relief, she put her backpack in the overhead storage and took a seat before the two other people arrived.

She stifled a yawn that was due to her lack of sleep the night before, and put in her earphones to drown out the sound of people talking. A man soon sat in the seat beside her, and she spared him a glance. He was wearing a baggy sweater and sweatpants, as well as typical skater shoes. From what she could tell, he was around her age in appearance, and not too bad-looking.

Turning her attention to the window, she gazed at the airport runways and other aeroplanes. The surroundings soon appeared to move, notifying her that the plane was moving to the runway for takeoff.

She had fallen asleep before the plane even left the ground.

***

When Y/N stirred from her slumber four hours later, she felt a warmth beneath her cheek and against her side. In her exhausted state, she instinctively nuzzled into the source emitting the heat, as she peeled her eyes open to get a bearing of her surroundings. The back of the aeroplane seats in front of her, the window to her side, the man's shoulder she was using as a pillow-

The man's shoulder she was using as a pillow.

The shock coursed through her, making her shoot upright and stare at the man in disbelief. The armrest that had been down earlier had been moved up since, removing the barrier that had between them.

"I'm- I'm so sorry!" Y/N blurted.

The man shook his head and smiled, "It's fine, I actually put your head there."

"What?"

"Well, your head kept flopping forward, and every time I pushed it back it would fall again, so I put up the armrest and let you sleep on my shoulder."

"Oh." She felt kind of embarrassed, as she had initially taken the gesture to be creepy. "Thanks."

"You heading home to Cali or going on vacation?"

"Oh, I live in Cali. I'm not from there, but I was visiting my family back at home for a bit."

He nodded, "I'm both from and live there. Name's C/N, by the way."

"Y/N."

"Whereabouts do you live?"

Turned out they lived ten minutes away from each other.

They exchanged numbers, and a week after the flight, C/N came by her shared house.

"You're C/N, right?" the woman who answered the door said.

"Yeah," he smiled, "Is Y/N in?"

"I'm Anisa," she said, "And, yes, she's in her room. It's the treehouse out in the garden."

C/N frowned, "Treehouse?"

She shrugged, "Last people who lived here renovated it into a fully functioning mini-house, Y/N took it when we moved in."