Chapter 121: Big Brother and Sister

"Shhh. It's okay baby. I got you. I won't him hurt I promise." Emily soothed trying to calm the crying toddler in her arms.

It was 8 in the morning and it was thunderstorming like you would not believe. Reid had woken up screaming from a nightmare about William. And to make matters worse, the power was out. Mix all three together and you have one scared little boy on your hands.

Emily was trying her best to soothe her baby brother but nothing was working. She also knew if she didn't calm him down soon, he'd make himself sick.

She sat down and began rocking again. Sergio jumped up on the couch scaring Reid further.

"Shhh. Baby, it's only Sergio." She assured.

"T t t ergio" He stammered.

"Yes, honey. He came to comfort you." She said.

Sergio looked at the boy and felt sad. Sergio knew that children were meant to be happy, not sad. Sergio licked the baby's tiny hand and Spencer patted his head. Sergio was determined to make the baby happy again. After all, he was special. He was Emily's brother. So Sergio had to protect him.

Emily smiled as she watched the scene between Sergio and Spencer. She thought it was sweet of Sergio. Emily then came up with a glance at the still sobbing toddler and saw he was getting tired.

"Spencer sweetie. When I was little and scared, my grandmother would give me warm milk and honey to make me feel better." She told him. "Do you want to give it a try?"

Spencer nodded. He couldn't speak.

"Now sweetie. I need both arms, so I need to set you down for a few minutes. But I promise I'm not leaving you." She assured.

She sat Spencer down and headed to the kitchen. Once there she could even with the loud thunder that Spencer started bawling. She really hated to leave him alone, but if this worked she could him to calm down and sleep a little more.

Sergio couldn't stand to see the baby in so much pain. He climbed onto his lap and mewed softly. Spencer looked at the cat in his lap and he buried his face in his side. Sergio didn't mind. As long as the toddler needed him, he would allow it.

Once the milk and honey were finished, Emily lifted the toddler and handed him the small cup. Spencer drank it and to his surprise, he started to calm down. After a few minutes, he was feeling sleepy.

Emily smiled as her trick worked. Spencer was beginning to fall back to sleep. She also used another trick. She covered the side of Spencer's face with his blanket and he fell right to sleep. But she didn't stop rocking him.

'Poor baby. Good thing Morgan put a bullet in William! If he hadn't I would find the son of a bitch and rip him limb from limb, then-' Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone buzzing. She was glad she put it on vibrate.

She looked at the ID and saw it was Morgan. "Hey, Morgan." She greeted.

"Uh-huh. Sounds like fun, but Morgan I just got him to go back to sleep. The poor baby had a nightmare about William and the lighting and the power being out. The poor thing just couldn't sleep and he was crying. I had to put him back down. Sounds good. See you." She hung up.

She kissed the top of the baby's head. She needed a shower. But she was going to wait for Morgan. She didn't the toddler to wake up and she wasn't there.

Morgans house.

Morgan was bored. There was nothing to do. It was still their Thanksgiving weekend and he had nothing to do.

'Wonder if Emily still has the kid.' He thought to himself.

He grabbed a shower, ate some breakfast and pulled out his phone.

"Good morning. Still have Spencer. Good how about going downtown and hanging out for a while? Really? What happened? Poor kid. Good thing he would've made himself sick. How bout we just hang out today? Cool, be there in ten minutes. Bye." He hung up, grabbed his keys and was out the door in a flash.

He had a baby brother to tend to.

'Emily's apartment.'

Emily rubbed the baby's back. He was still sleeping peacefully, but she thought it made things more comforting.

True to his word, Morgan arrived in ten minutes. By this time the storm had stopped. He rushed in and frowned at the baby in Emily's arms.

She explained to him about the blanket.

"Morgan, can you take him? I need to shower and-" She was cut off.

"Go. I've got him." He said.

He took the baby and began rocking him. Emily rubbed his back one last time and disappeared down the hall.

Morgan kissed the top of the toddler's head and kept rocking. Morgan was glad he put a bullet in William. The poor baby didn't deserve this.

About 10 minutes a freshly showered Emily appeared. Morgan took the baby and got him dressed. The bath could wait til tonight. They settled him in his stroller. Emily cocooned him and Artemis in his blanket and palmed the baby's cheek.

They headed out and just started walking, not caring where they were going. Passers-by especially women awed and cooed at the sight of the sleeping toddler in his stroller.

Spencer woke up to the hustle and bustle of the city. He opened his and looked around. Emily noticed he was awake.

"Hi, Handsome. Feeling better?" She asked.

Spencer nodded. He looked up and saw Morgan was the one pushing the stroller.

"Hey, Baby Boy. You good?" He asked to be sure.

Spencer nodded again. He sleepily fisted his eyes.

"Why awe we down town?" He yawned.

"To hang out youngster," Morgan said.

They went to an outlet mall and looked around leaving it to Spencer to spot the sweet shop. After the morning he had though, they thought a treat wouldn't hurt. Plus what Hotch doesn't know won't hurt him.

They let him have a few cookies before and after lunch. He was pumped with sugar they let him play on the playground to get his energy out. Once he did he was out like a light.

Later that night, they ordered pizza and watched a few movies. Spencer fell asleep during the third movie which was 'The Help'. Morgan's phone buzzed.

"Hello?" He whispered. "Yeah. Spencer fell asleep. Alright, I'll tell her and we're on our way. Bye JJ."

"Let me guess a case?" Emily guessed.

Morgan nodded. "And it's urgent. JJ said Wheels up now."

Emily nodded and got hers and Spencer's bags packed. They ran by Morgans and got his stuff. They piled on the jet and settled in for the night. They decided the briefing could wait.

Elsewhere

"You're mine. Mine forever." A voice said.

"Please let me out! I'm not a doll!" The girl in the big box screamed.

"N no. You're mine." It said.

The UnSub opened the box and went inside.

"I'm supposed to open you. But I want to play." It said.

"Please...no." She begged.

Blood spattered everywhere.