Chapter 131: LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK

Hotch was getting his sleeping son ready to spend the day with Morgan and Garcia. They called this morning and asked if they could take Spencer out for the day. Hotch immediately said yes and also told them Spencer would need a quiet place for a while after tearing out his stitches he was sure to have a wicked headache.

Hotch finished getting him ready and got his go bag ready. He was going to spend the night with them. He glanced at the sleeping baby and palmed his cheek.

"I promise you, Spencer. She will not take you from me." He whispered.

The doorbell rang and he silently prayed it wasn't Haley yet. He glanced out the window and saw it was Morgan and Garcia. He breathed a sigh of relief. He opened the door and let them in.

Garcia took the baby who woke up for a brief second, snuggling into Garcia and Artemis and dropped back off. They chuckled.

"Thanks for taking him, guys. I don't want him here when Haley and I argue. I'm sure he'll have a wicked headache and I don't want to make it worse or wake him if I don't have to." Hotch said.

"Not a problem bossman. We figured our Junior G man needed to get out after a case like that." Garcia said.

Hotch nodded. "Well, you better get going before Haley gets here."

"We'll check in later Hotch. And be sure to tell her Spencer is not going anywhere." Morgan said.

"Don't worry. I won't let her take another son from me." Hotch assured.

They said their byes and Hotch prepared himself for battle. He would make sure Haley would not take Spencer from him. She had no legal right. He sighed the paperwork as a single parent. He sighed. The doorbell rang again. It was Haley this time.

'Time for the war I guess.' He thought mentally kicking himself for letting her in.

Meanwhile, at Morgan's Place.

Spencer woke to something fuzzy tickling his nose and a whopper headache. He rolled over and moaned in pain. Clooney looked at the baby and whined. He noticed tears running down his face. Clooney licked them away but more came.

"T Tooney. Go get Mowgan." Spencer sobbed.

Clooney sprang into action and reluctantly left the baby's side to get his master. Clooney found Morgan and Garcia and began barking.

"Clooney. Hush. You're gonna wake Spencer." Morgan said.

Clooney went over to Garcia and pawed at her legs whining.

"What's wrong little puppy?" She asked.

Clooney whined and heard Spencer crying now. Clooney bolted upstairs with Garcia and Morgan following behind. Morgan scooped the baby up and cradled him to his chest. Garcia came back with the Childrens Tylenol and gave Spencer the recommended dose.

Morgan took Spencer downstairs, sitting in the rocker and rocked him.

"Mowgan?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, Pretty Boy?" He asked.

"Why am I hewe? Whewe's daddy?" He asked.

Morgan rubbed the baby's back. "He figured you could use someplace quiet for your head today, and he didn't want you to hear him and Haley arguing."

Spencer only nodded. He snuggled into Morgan and Artemis, which he was death-gripping. Morgan thought it was good Garcia made it for him. When his baby brother got scared, nervous, and worried he always had Artemis to bring him comfort.

Meanwhile, at Hotch's house.

The arguing seemed like it took forever. But Hotch felt better and had a small wave of victory when Haley finally got it nailed into her head that she was not taking Spencer. He couldn't wait to tell his son and the others, but for now, he wanted a little peace for himself. He closed his eyes. The argument was still fresh in his mind.

"BE SERIOUS! YOU'RE FEEDING THE POOR BABY TO THE WOLVES! HE NEEDS STRUCTURE NOT THIS!" She shouted.

"NO YOU BE SERIOUS! IF YOU TAKE HIM AWAY, HE'LL NEVER SEE HIS FAMILY AGAIN! HE'LL BE CRUSHED!" Hotch shouted. "PLUS I SIGNED THE PAPERS! YOU HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO HIM!"

"THINK ABOUT WHAT'S BEST FOR HIM!" She shouted.

"THIS IS WHAT'S BEST! NOW LEAVE! LEAVE AND DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT DOING ANYTHING! JUST GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA AND LEAVE US BE!" Hotch ended the argument.

Haley rushed out, slamming the door behind her.

Hotch sighed again. His phone rang. It was Rossi.

"Hey Rossi," Hotch said flatly.

"Hey, Hotch. You okay?" Rossi asked.

"I'll be fine. Did you need something?" He asked.

"Yes. I wanted to invite you and the kid over for supper tonight. If you don't have plans." Rossi said.

"We'd love to. Thanks, Rossi." Hotch said.

"You're welcome. Now go pry the kid from Morgan's arms and get your butts over here." Roosi said.

"How'd-" Hotch started.

"Psychic abilities. Now go." Rossi said.

"Yes sir," Hotch said.

Hotch hung up and laughed, Good ol' Rossi. Hotch hurried and showered and changed. He showered because he felt sort of dirty after the argument. Feeling clean and better he went on his way to Morgan's.

When Hotch got there, he smiled. Morgan and Garica had built a fort and were reading. Hotch frowned at the sight of the blankets but knew Morgan and Garcia would keep them high enough that they wouldn't snag on his charge's stitches.

"Having fun?" Hotch asked.

"DADDY!" Spencer exclaimed, jumping in his arms.

"Hey, man. How'd it go?" Morgan asked.

"Well, I get to keep this one for a long time." He said.

"Oh, that's great bossman!" Garcia said.

"Yeah. But how do you plan on ensuring Haley doesn't try this again?" Morgan asked.

"I'll handle that part," Garcia said.

They knew if anyone could handle Haley, it was Garcia. Plus, Garcia was pissed for trying to Spencer in the first place. Hotch gathered Spencer's things and thanked the two again for keeping him. Now it was off to Rossis for dinner.