Prologue

The incessant ticking of the clock was one of two things that could only be heard in the stark white room.

Walls of white.

Another sound, a beeping, harmonised with the ticks of the clock as time seemed to continue without waiting for everyone else to catch up.

Floor tiles of white.

The room was clean, too clean. The smell of heavy antiseptic and medicine coated the room like a thick fog and clogged up lungs.

The ceiling of white.

There was no life evident in the white room. Only the figure that laid on the bed with the white bedsheets, pillows, and blanket.

Bedsheet of white.

Multiple wires protruded out of the figure like a tangled ball of wool as the beeping continued to get louder.

Pillows of white.

The figure laid in the bed, in the stark white room that was all but too familiar to her for almost half her lifetime.

Blankets of white.

The beeping clouded her mind as she looked at her phone, a picture she cherished the most in her life. The photo portrayed a group of people that she wished she could've protected with her whole being despite being characters in a another universe.

Clothing of white.

"I wish I could've met you all in person..."

The ticking sound of the clock was destroyed from the sound of the beeping flatlining, coming out as one long white noise.

The heart monitor flatlined as the clock struck 00:00.

The kingdom slept peacefully beneath the beautiful night sky that was adorned by stars and light, no sign of movement or a disturbance that hovered over every single citizen except for one. A young man sat peacefully beneath a willow tree, watching the shooting stars rain over him for a special cosmic event that occurred only once every eon.

The man watched with amazement as a sudden flash of white light erupted in the sky, almost lighting up the kingdom like it was the sun that rose during the day. He protected his eyes from the blast before looking back to see a stray white star falling towards the kingdom rapidly.

He stood up in a panic seeing the beautiful star crash into the field just a few meters before him, the ground shaking and the dust billowing out in a fog to reveal a crater once it dissipated. The man, curious, walked towards the crater cautiously to reveal an unconscious young woman. 

She was a strange looking creature, dressed in white silk with white lightning crawling over her skin in crackling details before dying down. The strange woman, however, was beautiful with faint white magic expanding from her back with wing-like appendages before disappearing.

"Loki!" the young man looked up to see his mother run up to him, a frantic look on her face as she stared at the girl as if she knew who she was. "She's here."