73

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan as I feel the bed shift behind me, shivering from the sudden cold draft. I peek my head from beneath the blanket and open my eyes just barely to see Loki awake and getting dressed in his usual green and black Asgardian leather combat suit.

"Loki?" I croak out softly and he quickly turns around to shush me back to sleep.

"Go back to sleep darling."

"What are you doing? Why are you dressed?" Loki breathes out a sigh, sitting down next to my feet on the bed as he pulls the blanket up higher to keep me warm.

"Thor has asked me to accompany him on a mission."

"When will you be back? What's the mission? Is it dangerous?" I slowly sit up, getting anxious and Loki quickly lays me back down on the bed.

"It's nothing too big. You do not need to worry over me." I frown at him.

"You know I always worry about you." I huff out and Loki chuckles softly.

"I know dear but I will be back as soon as I can. Ok?" I nod, begrudgingly letting Loki tuck me back into bed.

"I'll see you later love." I whisper our unspoken promise and Loki smiles at me.

"I'll see you later." He kisses the top of my head and I feel sleep clawing at me once more. I watch Loki leave the bedroom before I fall asleep again.

When I wake up again, I was left alone in Loki's bedroom with his spot next to me ice cold.

Throughout the next couple of days, I tried to keep my mind off Loki and tried to keep my worry at bay. I didn't want the Asgardian brothers to screw up their mission because of me. I didn't want to take my harness off in case Loki might need me but it was getting harder to not let him feel my worry.

The avengers helped keep me occupied for a few days; Steve brewing my favourite tea and watching movies together, Natasha being my one-stop-shop for venting, Sam blasting his songs while he took me onto long car drives, Pietro hugging me like he wanted to squeeze the life out of me while Wanda fed me cut up fruit, Peter mucking around and doing stupid spiderman shit to try and make me laugh and Tony trying to get me drunk with him.

I sigh out as I reach the living room, plopping myself on the couch and opening up my laptop. Honestly, at this point, I could literally just live on the couch since I don't move anywhere else. Since there was nothing I really wanted to watch, I figured I would work on my movie. I throw up a large holographic screen that floats in the air in front of me, going through some of the clips I took recently while staying with Peter and Asgard after that plus some videos of the avengers in the compound.

"Hit it!"

I chuckle as I watch one video where I set up the karaoke machine for the night, Peter and I blasting music through the compound as we sang our lungs out. We both were dancing and acting crazy until the rest of the avengers soon joined us for their own karaoke sessions. I watch as I tried to coax Loki to sing but he was adamant about not singing in front of the avengers.

I remember that night when after the karaoke session had ended, Loki had sung me to sleep with an Asgardian song. I remember him saying that he was embarrassed since Frigga had taught him to sing Asgardian songs but I reassured him that the songs were lovely to hear and that he had a wonderful voice.

The clip ends and another shows up where I was temporarily helping Pepper with some paperwork for the company. I was swamped with the amount of papers that needed to be sorted and read through, causing Loki to be bored since I wasn't giving him attention. But that didn't stop him from keeping me company and watching me work.