27

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thrash and scream around as doctors pulled the bullets out of my body without anesthesia, Bucky looking over at me with worry. "Hold her down!" I cry out as they dig deeper, strapping my limbs down on the hospital bed. All I felt was pain running through my body until it all just stopped.

"She stable now."

"Get the stitches!"

I pant out, looking at Bucky weakly as his metal arm was being fixed. An oxygen mask is put over me when Bucky suddenly knocks a doctor against a wall.

I flinch as a needle is plunged into my arm, my limbs going numb. "For fucks sake, again?" I groan out, the liquid burning through my veins and disorienting me as the bed lifts upwards when someone walks into the lab.

"Mission report. Mission report now." I flinch as the man backhands Bucky when he doesn't respond the first time.

"The man on the bridge. Who was he?" I let the two converse, trying to figure out how to escape.

"Now you." I wince as the man grips my face so I would face him. "What an honour it is to meet the woman that singlehandedly fixed New York and works with the Avengers." I growl at him and shove his hands off me.

"What do you want with me?" I hiss out as the man whose name I forgot brings over a chair to sit in front of me.

"Well since you are an abnormal entity, the programme advised that we should kill you but I think otherwise." I glare at the man as he looks at my chest to see my powers circling around the areas of my wounds to try and heal them, glowing faintly on my skin like glowing tendrils that crawled over me. "I believe you would be an amazing asset to HYDRA. You are a powerful being that pars with gods."

"I will never help you." I spit angrily, thrashing around to hurt this man but he just laughs at me. "You hurt innocent people, that have nothing to do with you. You murder them in cold blood, even children because of that fucking programme. I protect people." I could feel anger coursing through my body and I growl almost like an animal.

"Oh, sweet girl. We are protecting people. We just need to exterminate the weak from the strong for humanity to prosper and then we can rule over them with an iron fist." I fume at this man, blood boiling for me to just end his life here and there.

"That's mass genocided you fucking bastards." I hiss out and I could feel something creep over my skin as darkness loomed around me. "You have no right to decide who lives and who dies! You're no god!" I snap my jaw at the man like a beast and he looks at me with a smirk.

"And you are darling? Just look at you. That white uniform you're wearing to signify purity is slowly being swallowed by the dark. You are no god, you are a monster." I freeze and the creeping darkness disappears as guilt fills me instead. I look over at Bucky as he frowned deeply, almost as if the words were hitting him too. "I've had enough of you both. Wipe her clean and them him."

"No!" I shriek out as the man walks away and the doctors come close to me with a headpiece. "NO! PLEASE!"

"Don't hurt her!" Bucky yells out, thrashing around as he gets pinned in his seat.

"NO!" I cry out as they place the headpiece on me and I thrash around, hearing the sparks. I feel the metal close around my head and I let out an ear-splitting scream like howl as pain burned through my head.

 I feel the metal close around my head and I let out an ear-splitting scream like howl as pain burned through my head

I look down at my hands as I jostled around in the plane, Bucky sitting next to me. My body was just numb and I couldn't feel anything as I played with my assassin suit that was now completely black. 

The memory wipe never worked on me but the doctors never stopped trying to burn away my mind

The memory wipe never worked on me but the doctors never stopped trying to burn away my mind. Over and over they chipped away at my powers until it dissolved away into darkness. My powers weren't pure anymore, a swarm of darkness and black energy enveloping my arms and dripping from my eyes like ink.

I had to pretend that my memory was wiped and they forced me onto this mission of killing the three Avengers. "Get ready, it's time to drop." I look over at Bucky as he stares at me, a glint in his eyes.

Does he remember me?

I frown and get up with him, walking by the open side of the helicopter. Bucky jumps out and I hesitate. "Hurry up and move!" I sigh out, gasping lightly when I get shoved out of the helicopter. I quickly catch myself mid-air, crying out in pain from the burn of using my dark powers. I quickly fly down and land next to Bucky on my knees, instantly extinguishing my powers and stumbling back up on my feet. I frown as he takes out a gun and I secretly send out a mist to shield the people from getting hurt as I just stood behind him.

I'm not letting anyone get hurt.

I watch as Bucky hijacks a plane and I wait until he's gone to make sure everyone was ok. I sigh in slight pain that shocks through me as I summon my powers, hovering off from the ground. I falter a bit, flying up to catch up to Bucky on the last Helecarrier that Steve needed to switch the kill codes with. I see someone falling through the air and I quickly catch him midair as dark energy envelops them.

"(y/n)!?" I hear Sam call out for me as I get closer to him, his eyes wide. "What happened to you!? Natasha said you got taken!" I ignore him and I gently lower him down to the ground, heading down to where Steve was and I go through the glass.

"(y/n)! You're ok!" Steve yells out at me but he furrows his brows when he sees my appearance. Bucky looks at me and lurches forward to attack Steve.

Bucky starts shooting and I protect Steve, surrounding him in a shield. "What are you doing?" Bucky hisses at me and I just look at him.

"He's a friend." I mumble out and Steve plugs the chip into the helecarrier. I raise my hand and I surround my powers around the two guys lifting them up as I blast a hole in the window, flying out in the air with the two guys behind me. I lower them to the ground safely and I hover backwards away from the helecarriers that crash into each other

I sigh out and close my eyes, hissing in pain as I let my powers overwhelm me before bursting out and like a cloud of dark mist. My body darkens as I let the mist envelop the surface of the helecarriers and trapping them in a dome.

I grunt under the weight of the airships as they explode and collide against the sides of the forcefield. I scream out in pain as I try to keep the ships in the air but the weight of all three of them combined was crushing me as I try to hold the dome up with my own shoulders so it doesn't destroy SHIELD HQ.

"(y/n)! Stop!" I hear Natasha and Steve yell out to me but I don't listen, blood trickling down my arms profusely as I try to dissolve the ships. I start to panic when I suddenly feel an over surge of power start to consume me, darkness spilling out in waves as the sky gets swallowed by the night.

"You're going to kill yourself like that!" The avengers yell out and I let out a shrill scream as I fist my hands to try and break the ships as the dome starts to get smaller.

Wind whips around me like crazy as my arms split painfully beneath the weight of the dome, focusing on breaking down the ships within it. My head pounds and my vision blurs as the weight starts to become bearable. I manage to crush the airships, becoming specs of dust as I unravel the dome and let it fly away in the wind.

"Someone catch her!" That's the last thing I hear as my powers disappear and I start falling through the air.