97

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They lied to me..."

Loki and I sat in the projection room, contemplating what we had both just seen.

Loki was the man I married, he was the one I fell in love with.

He was the one I had a child with...

The old reel showed my full life, the fact that I had powers, the fact that I was able to jump between "movies" as my past self explained and the fact that I came from an alternate world.

The fact that I died in my world before and I came here to the MCU. I was happy. I was so happy and the TVA took that from me.

Loki wasn't convinced about my life film, calling it a bluff since when we watched his full reel, it showed his life completely differently. It showed his life till the end where he died by Thanos' hands and I had to explain to him that this was the sequence of events that followed the movie script from my universe once I understood the gist of that concept.

He still didn't believe me until his reel ended abruptly and started a new one. One where I was actually in his life. The real one where it matched with my real life film.

Loki watched the new life I had given him, us falling utterly in love, getting married and me saving him over and over. I couldn't watch the part where I died in his arms and the avengers had my funeral so he skipped it for me and I knew he couldn't watch it as well.

We both watched the ending where he cared for our baby girl and Loki realised that he had finally reached his happy ending.

"They lied to us both..." Loki mutters out and I played with the ring his past self gave me. Loki looked at it and I took the chain off to give it to him. "This was mother's wedding ring... did I-did future me give you this?"

"As a wedding ring... yes..." Loki holds the ring to his heart and I look away in guilt. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I couldn't protect your mother. I failed her. I'm a monster..." I sigh out and look down at the etchings on my arm, remembering all those scenes of me destroying things in sight, turning into a demon that easily took peoples life away.

I finally understood what they were.

The remnants of the life and death stones that shattered.

"You are not a monster. My mother loved you." Loki gives me back the ring and I look at him in confusion. "She would've wanted you to have it." I look down at the ring in my hand, an uncomfortable silence filtering between us.

"What do we do now?"

"I... I need some time to process this." I nod and Loki gets up to walk away when the door opens to reveal Mobius.

Loki and I swore to each other that we would feign innocence and not reveal what we saw to anyone. To pretend and play dumb. Mobius will only think that Loki saw his life film till the part where he died and I would pretend I didn't find my real one.

"Where were you both?" Mobius asked.

"Showed him where the bathrooms were and we came back here. Why?" We made sure to put back my reel and came back to the projection room to make it look like we didn't try to escape. Mobius shakes his head, taking my word for it and Loki looks at me in surprise at how easily I lied.

"I can't go back, can I? Back to my timeline." Mobius shakes his head and Loki sits back down on the ledge next to me. "I don't enjoy hurting people. I..." he sighs. "I don't enjoy it. I do it because I have to, because I've had to."