21

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch as Tony works on the holographic crime scene where Happy got hurt, leaning against the counter with my arms crossed as he tried to get clues. "Why exactly am I here?" I sigh out as I watch him jump up onto his shelf, looking at the similar cases of explosions going off with the same heat signature as the one that affected Happy.

"I was hoping that maybe you could give me some hints about the incident." Tony gives me puppy eyes and I raise a brow at him.

"You know I can't."

"Eh, I tried." I let Tony continue working, jumping up to sit on a counter. "Ever been to Tennessee (y/n)?"

"You know I haven't." Tony nervously chuckles as I give him a pointed look.

"Creating a flight plan for Tennessee." The doorbell suddenly rings and I look at the hologram to see who was outside.

And the ex one-night stand is here.

"Are we still at ding-dong? We're supposed to be on total security lockdown. Come on, I threatened a terrorist. Who is that?"

I roll my eyes at Tony slightly freaking out. "That's your own fault for posting your house address." He sighs at me and I narrow my eyes as he jumps down from the shelf. He goes to put on the suit and I follow him upstairs but he stops me.

"You are not coming up, who knows what's up there."

"Tony, it's just a woman."

"Yes, but it could be a dangerous woman-" I shrug past him, tired of his idiocy but I gasp when he suddenly picks me up from under my arms like a child.

"Tony put me down!" I wriggle, but he had a tight grip on me and I huff out like an angry child as he carried me to my bedroom. I cross my arms as Tony plops me down on the bed.

"Stay here."

"I'm not a goddamn child!" Tony walks out, shutting the door. I creep out of my bedroom, peeking around the wall to see the ex one night stand talking to Tony.

"You don't remember. Why am I not surprised?" the woman and Tony going back and forth.

"Normally, I'd go for that sort of thing, but now I'm in a committed relationship." I jump as Pepper suddenly chucks her bags plus mine to the floor from the second floor. "With her."

Right, I forgot Pepper was packing my stuff to leave.

I was supposed to convince Tony to come with us.

Talk about going off track.

"Tony? Is somebody there?" I raise my brows, arms crossed as Tony urges me to go back to my bedroom when he spots me hiding but I don't move a muscle.

"Maya Hansen. Old botanist pal that I used to know, barely." Pepper walks down the stairs and I go to sit on the couch to watch the dialogues happen between everyone as Tony climbs out of his suit.

"Please don't tell me there's a 12-year-old kid waiting in the car that I've never met." I chuckle as Tony shudders.

"He's 13. No, I need your help." I tune out the conversation as Tony and Pepper start arguing again, grabbing my bag with my devices and personal items in it and slinging it over my back.

Right on clockwork as usual.

"Is... Is that normal?" Maya points at the gigantic puppy blow up stuffie sitting in the corner of the room.